8th April 2009, 18:23
Join Date: Jan 2007
Burning pronlems checklist
- Update your burner's firmware (if available).
- Use good quality media (Memorex, Ritek, Princo, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Maxell not made in Japan are not good quality media). If you use poor quality blank media, then you should expect problems.
- Use Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline), and Maxell Broadcast Quality for single layer backups.
- Use Verbatim +R DL (made in Singapore) or MAM-A +R DL 8x for double layer blank media.
- Don't use -R DL (useless format).
- Set your drive's region code if it's not set already.
- Right click the fox on your system tray. Exit Anydvd
- Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
- Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
- Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
- Click "properties".
- You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
- Select the region that you're in
- Start Anydvd
- If you were burning at max. speed, try lowering your burn speed (if you're using 16x rated blank media, do not burn below 4x).
- If you are using +R, +RW, or +R DL media, change the booktype to "DVD-ROM" (see step 3 in article "How to burn a proper backup with CloneDVD2" for details).
- Bad burn quality is notorious around the end of discs if using poor quality media (try using a custom disc size of 4300 in whatever burning program you're using if you're using low quality single layer blank media) and also at layer breaks when using low quality DL media (use Verbatim +R DL media made in Singapore instead, and change the booktype to "DVD-ROM").
My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.
Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.
Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.
Last edited by Webslinger; 25th November 2009 at 20:42.