Author's note: This is an attempt to condense the "first contact" information with the intent to help new-submitters to give us the minimum information for problem determination and to finally get rid of the fluff. Helpful comments welcome, then we'll see where this goes.
When you request assistance on the SlySoft Forum you can greatly increase the effectiveness of any response by reviewing this thread first and then providing the readers with as much information as possible about your problem.
1. Get and install the latest version of AnyDVD as seen at the very top of the AnyDVD Forum
Many times a beta is shown there and this may contain the fix you need for your disc. If not already done, please install that version and proceed as needed.
2. Next, tell us about your problem but explain it and avoid under-statements like:
- "won't work"
- "can't copy anything"
- "stopped working"
- I COULD NOT MAKE A BACK UP COPY
- "keeps stopping"
- "I'm getting errors when I copy"
- "All other DVDs work, just this one will not"
- "I am having problems copying my movies"
- Any idea what I can do about a DVD that won't copy?
- the title of the disc and its country of origin
- what you are trying to do or setting you wanted to use when the error occurred
- IMPORTANT: what is the error message?
3. Post an AnyDVD log file. Many times the answer to your question is visible to experienced users or SlySoft support or a developer right away.
Ensure Anydvd is running.
- Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
- Right click the red fox icon on your system tray (to the lower right).
- Select "Create Logfile"
- Wait for Anydvd to create a log file. In some circumstances this might take 5 minutes or longer.
- A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile "Anydvd_Info_<xxxxxxx>.zip" (or something similar)
- Click "ok". A Windows Explorer will open. You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
- Look for the icon that looks like a paper clip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread). If you don't see that paper clip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paper clip.
- A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
- Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
- click "upload"
- Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.
SlySoft Inc., Support Team
One of the last Wild Ducks
PMs will only be answered if really private.