Purchase fails with "3D validation" or "3D Secure" timeout
We often get queries in Support from frustrated customers not able to purchase products due to the error 3D Secure Timeout
The bank does not "see" any attempt to purchase at slysoft.com because until the card's verification process completes there is no transaction for the bank to "see".
In the payment rejection email from SlySoft you'll a typical response like this:
Payment #19xxxx for Order #12xxxxxxx over xxxxx.xx USD has failed: -17012: 3D Secure timeout
There is nothing SlySoft.com can do about this failure in the authorization process.
- It is a proprietary security function between your credit card and your bank using special information only you and the bank can know.
- This part of the verification process must do a function over a secure connection to the card/bank's "3D" server.
- if your PC won't allow you to get to that page you will likely get a "can't connect" error and then the process can never complete.
Most likely you see a browser errror about "can't open this page." You might even get a BLANK page to some security site.
- This leads then to a "timeout".
- Retrying often won't help until the root cause is found and resolved.
A background to this security layer is found here:
Things for you to check:
- Verify you do not have some "security" tool blocking that page
- Make sure you have "Java Script" enabled and no "blocker" option turned on
- We have feedback that using Chrome or Firefox will allow the transaction to go through without any problem.
For some background to your card's security process and how your bank fits in can be seen here:
This error can be (and usually is) caused by a browser setting not allowing you to link to the page required to complete the process which then times out.
The majority of timeouts we have seen have been at the issuing bank URL not working if the browser blocks it.
Of course when this happens and the browser is not the issue this points to an internal "3D Secure" system error, but this is extremely rare.
Worst case: use PaySafe http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=45647
SlySoft Inc., Support Team
One of the last Wild Ducks
PMs will only be answered if really private.
Last edited by Frank; 7th December 2012 at 08:56. Reason: tuneup / simplify