Global FAQs for AnyDVD HD
(click the underlined text to find your answer)
1. I'm having problems. What basic information should I be providing to ensure others can help me?
2. I'm getting read errors. What's wrong?
3. Why am I listening to the wrong audio track in a language I don't want or to the director's comment?
4. Anydvd can't see or detect my disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?
a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a proper disc structure? Do you see folders or files (if you are using Windows XP, make sure you have UDF drivers installed: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15597)?
If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)
If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9061 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)
5. Anydvd HD isn't working for me at all. Or Anydvd can't see my drives. Or Anydvd says my drives are disabled. What should I do?
6. How do I download, install, register Anydvd HD?
7. I'm getting slow rips. Why?
If you have Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% installed, uninstall it. Or more importantly, uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips:
a) click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...39&postcount=5
b) click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=30
8. How should I create an .iso image?
9. How do I quickly convert folders to an ISO?
10. How do I install or uninstall Toshiba UDF 2.5 drivers in Windows XP?
11. How Do I Shrink Blu-ray Rips on my Hard Drive?
12. How do I shrink HD-DVD rips on my hard drive?
13. How do I convert my HD-DVDs into a format that I can preserve for easy playback in Media Player Classic – HomeCinema?
14. How do I use Reclock with Powerdvd 3319a?
15. How do I convert HD-DVD to Blu-ray?
16. Will there be a Mac or Linux version of Slysoft software?
There won't be an Anydvd port. But there may be a standalone program that decrypts.
17. I have a question about TrueHD audio. Where should I look?
18. How do I create a stripped-down "main movie only" Blu-ray movie?
Until our clone product for BluRays is released:
- use anydvd and "rip video dvd to harddisk".
- use bd rebuilder to shrink down to bd25.
- use imgburn to burn to bd25 media.
21. How do I create a Blu-ray backup?
22. How do I convert almost any format to DVD-Video/AVI/Mobile?
23. Does Clonedvd support Blu-ray discs?
No. And it never will. Slysoft is developing another program.
My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.
Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.
Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.
Last edited by Frank; 23rd July 2012 at 11:18. Reason: get rid of fluff