Have problems? Please answer these questions before posting!
I'm taking the same stance.
Please, if you have problems please answer the questions instead of making us work with less information and trying to perform mind reading miracles.
Before posting about your problem, please do some of us a favour so that we can help you better.
Follow the steps, and answer the following questions in your post (especially 1, 3, 7 and 8 please):
1) a)If you have HDCP compliance, does the original disc exhibit playback issues with Anydvd disabled? If the original disc doesn't play fine with Anydvd disabled, then your problem has nothing to do with Anydvd.
b) Does the original disc play fine with Anydvd enabled?
2) Update your drive's firmware if available: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18731
3) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd HD. Check the sticky at the top of this forum.
4) Remove packet writing software from your system, including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.
5) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.
6) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd HD. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.
7) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), c) provide version numbers of those programs and d) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).
8 ) Post the Anydvd zip log file to the forums:
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at
9 ) a) Is your software HD player up to date? What version are you using?
b) What graphic driver version are you using? Is it up to date as well?
For Ati based cards, visit http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html
For Nvidia based cards, visit http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
10 ) What graphics card brand and model are you using?
11) Do you have Data Execution Prevention enabled in XP or Vista and are experiencing playback issues? Try disabling DEP.
12) Before posting, please use the "search" function on these boards. Many answers are available already.
Also visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14798
My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.
Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.
Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.