Exact Audio Copy
This is still freeware
(for non-commercial purposes) and the best CD ripping program out there.
What’s new in version 1.0 beta 1
- Unicode support for all fields (but not CD-Text)
- New database engine for storing CD information (old databases can be imported)
- Metadata plugin support, for now there is a freedb plugin included. This will be released as open source freeware soon.
- Cover support, can be drag'n'dropped from a file, a web page oder can be retrieved via a metadata plugin (support included in the freedb plugin). Cover can be written into tags or in the extraction directory
- AccurateRip v2 support
- Better Windows 7 support (like progress display in taskbar icon, storage of user data in the correct folders, etc.)
- Free selection of first track track number (including option to continue numbering from the last inserted CD)
- Option to always write the log file in english language
- Option for writing a checksum over the extraction log data to the log file
- Average extraction speed is listed in the log file
- Possibility to write only V2 tags (and no V1 tags)
- Free choice of replacement characters for filenames
- Range copy selects now the first selected consecutive range of tracks as default
- New folder browser dialog (system dialog for folders)
- Added two placeholders for filename creation for track length (min and sec)
- Test for (command line) compression options (and display of a sample command line)
- Menu for removing unwanted/doubled spaces from "cd title", "artist" & "track titles"
- Removed Windows 2000 support (and any older OSs)
- Removed ID3V1 tag editor
- Removed compression offset
Fow whatever reasons the main website download links have not yet been updated.