Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Convert PAL DVD to NTSC DVD

Quote Originally Posted by linx05 View Post
    I meant the standalone DVD player. You and Webslinger said that it converts the formats.
    Sorry I was referring to Nero. Then Webslinger mentioned the player so one wouldn't need to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by linx05 View Post
    I thought the players just 'play' the two formats. No converting? At least that is how I thought it works here (where I live).
    In Region 1 (North America), most of the televisions will only accept NTSC, so the dvd player would have to convert PAL to NTSC (in addition to being region free). This Oppo dvd player can convert both ways (or output whatever you want, basically).

I should probably mention the Oppo981HD does not offer Component Video Output.

It does offer
    * HDMI: HDMI Specifications 1.1, CEA-861-B
    * S-Video Amplitude: Y: 1.0Vp-p (75 Ohm), C: 0.286Vp-p (75 Ohm)
    * Composite Video Amplitude: 1.0Vp-p (75 Ohm)

And I'm pretty sure the Oppo 983 is due to be released in the first quarter of 2008.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 12th December 2007 at 03:01.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Thanks for all the help. Actually, my TV only accepts NTSC input and therefore I need a DVD in NTSC format. I do not have a DVD player that can convert PAL to NTSC output.
    All I can do is only -- by burning a NTSC format DVD to be played on the DVD player.

I saw some PAL to NTSC convertor selling on ebay. I have bought one at $30 and I will see how this work out. I will give a report on this forum later on.

For the backup of DVD movies, can I use AnyDVD and then use Nero directly to burn a NTSC DVD backup from the original PAL DVD? Is there an option in Nero that I can set?

Thanks

Typically people use Nero Recode with Anydvd for single layer blank discs.

And if you do that, you may need to use Anydvd ripper first. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully please
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Default PAL to NTSC

I have noticed the conversation about converting disc from PAL to NTSC. I would like to know the easiest way to convert the disc, without having to buy a new player or TV. I just want to copy the PAL into NTSC period. I have never attempted this before and want the best results, thank you.