Thread: Preference question

Default Preference question

When setting Stream Preferences do I eed to have both 2 channels and 6 channels blocks checked? Checking 1 or the other saves enough space that I can get away with using regular DVD's as opposed to the dual layer ones on many DVD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thattune View Post
    When setting Stream Preferences do I eed to have both 2 channels and 6 channels blocks checked? Checking 1 or the other saves enough space that I can get away with using regular DVD's as opposed to the dual layer ones on many DVD's.
    click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5033 and read fully please
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

In other words play the movie in 2 and 6 channel, listen and then decide. I don't know where you are finding DL DVD's for around $1.85, the best I've found is 15 for $50. Considering SL's are like 50 for $20 the difference adds up. As for the "director's comments" who cares! I'm lucky if I can get the family to sit thru a whole movie together and if it's just me and the wife I consider myself unlucky if I end up watching the whole movie!

Oh and thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Thattune View Post
    In other words play the movie in 2 and 6 channel, listen and then decide.
    Yeah, most often you will find the 2 channel audio is Director's comments (not always, but often).

I don't know where you are finding DL DVD's for around $1.85
    I got all of my Verbatim +R DLs (made in Singapore) for about $1 each (on sale). I didn't write that post though. Whisperer did.
    MAM-A 8x +R DLs are decent as well. These two that I've mentioned are the only +R DLs worth buying. The rest are mostly inconsistent in performance.

And I typically use Clonecd--not Clonedvd with them: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327
    Last edited by Webslinger; 31st December 2007 at 15:05.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.