Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

Default ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

Hey Ladies and Gents,
    According to this site, <http://www.vidabox.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=90&ze nid=5f91874511ac49091052f003f4feb60e>,
    ArcSoft TotalMedia extreme will be available Tuesday the 15th of January. If this is true, I can't wait. Hope there is a trial.

Sorry if this was posted already.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincipalityFusion View Post
    ArcSoft TotalMedia extreme will be available Tuesday the 15th of January. If this is true, I can't wait. Hope there is a trial.
    Thats what they said last week, then they extended it another week! Hope they get it right this week.
    Schlim66
    HTPC: ASUS P5B VM, INTEL C2D X6800, 4Gig XMS2 DDR2 800, XFX 7950 GX2, LG GGW-H2OL, CREATIVE XFI, SHARP AQUOS LC 42D62U
    VISTA ULTIMATE x32
    ANYDVD 6.3.1.2
    POWERDVD 3319A/3516
    TOTAL MEDIA THEATER 2.1.6.105
    HD-DVD: 74
    BLU-RAY: 50
    SD-DVD: 370

A Pal Guest

Exclamation BD-Region-Reset

Hello,

When it is released, could anyone find out how the Blu-ray Region counter can be reset and let us know?

With the information about resetting the different versions of PowerDVD, WinDVD, and this new program, someone could also write a (free) Region-changer tool for BD softwares. comparable to "DVD Genie." (Unfortunately, I am not a programmer, so I cannot do it myself.)

If SlySoft should really decide to release a BD-able player, it should have no Region lock (neither for BD [since BD-Regions are handled by the player software only, this should be easy] nor for DVD) to make life a bit easier.

Thank you and many greetings,

A Pal

The list of countries allowed in registration is somewhat restricted. The only one it would allow is United States. Ah well.

Regards,
    Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by itsfja View Post
    The list of countries allowed in registration is somewhat restricted. The only one it would allow is United States. Ah well.

Regards,
    Francis.
    Where did you get an english copy from? If you would like to share.

Cheers
    EPSON 6010 w/106" Screen
    HTPC w/Blu Ray and HD DVD downstairs
    DTV HR24
    DCT 6416/2300
    DENON 4311
    Canton Speakers 9.2 sound

Quote Originally Posted by A Pal View Post
    Hello,

When it is released, could anyone find out how the Blu-ray Region counter can be reset and let us know?

With the information about resetting the different versions of PowerDVD, WinDVD, and this new program, someone could also write a (free) Region-changer tool for BD softwares. comparable to "DVD Genie." (Unfortunately, I am not a programmer, so I cannot do it myself.)

If SlySoft should really decide to release a BD-able player, it should have no Region lock (neither for BD [since BD-Regions are handled by the player software only, this should be easy] nor for DVD) to make life a bit easier.

A Pal
    In the japanese trial the BD Region codes are stored in the dvdplay.ini file. I also know where the region codes in Neromare stored. If someone wants to program, I could provide the informations you need.

There was a rumor, that TM plays as well only using iverlay. CAn someone confirm that ? If that is true, the product is not interesting if you want Total PIcture quality.

A Pal Guest

Hello, Rathbone80,

Thank you for the information. Please let us know more detailed information about "TotalMedia" and "Neromare" (where does the latter store the Regions, and can the counters of the two programs be modified in a way they allow more than five changes per patch).

We could create a "Region-Hacking Thread," where people can post tips to hack region counters, regkeys, modified Region-saving files of different player programs, self-written BD-Region changers, or tips for unlocking stand-alone BD players (if there are some that can be unlocked) and DVD players.

A Pal

Quote Originally Posted by A Pal View Post
    Hello, Rathbone80,

Thank you for the information. Please let us know more detailed information about "TotalMedia" and "Neromare" (where does the latter store the Regions, and can the counters of the two programs be modified in a way they allow more than five changes per patch).

We could create a "Region-Hacking Thread," where people can post tips to hack region counters, regkeys, modified Region-saving files of different player programs, self-written BD-Region changers, or tips for unlocking stand-alone BD players (if there are some that can be unlocked) and DVD players.

A Pal
    Man, you SOOO did not read the forum rules on posting before you posted that thread

I hope they don't remove the ability to play back from the HDD. This was on the Japanese version, but doesn't appear to be in the US version.

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast