Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

I for one appreciate you posting the link. True, it does have some rough edges still, but the fact you can't naviagate to the download page within the site should tell you that. Anyways, I agree with an earlier post which said that we weren't looking for anything revolutionary, just something that would work and not be hampered by getting rid of pretty important features (play from hard drive, lets say).

So while its a beta, its a pretty decent beta and i'm pretty sure that the programmers know that the cat is out of the bag and are reading the forums to see what issues people are having with the prog.

I got sidetracked on another project tonight so I didn't get to look at this. I will definitely play with it tomorrow. Things just have gone really downhill tonight...
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

No problem Samuri, hope you get everything worked out.

Looks like the AVS forum has been abuzz with this also. I happened upon this post from someone who works for VidaBox. They will be releasing a custom version for their line of HTPCs. What he has to say is pretty encouraging concerning playing from hard drive, and believable especially because thier business model would be hurt by not being able to play from the hard drive. Why buy a HTPC just to play from the optical player when you can spend much less on a standalone.

Anyway, here's the link:
    <http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12819537#post12819537>

Edit:
    According to other sources, the version we are playing with is old if you believe what the VidaBox poster is saying:
    I just wanted to say that the version that you are downloading off the Arcsoft website is not the released version and is actually quite old. I think you would be waisting a lot of time working with this version.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by PrincipalityFusion; 15th January 2008 at 22:01. Reason: New information

Most excellent. This software definitely seems like it has promise. It already plays more nicely than than PowerDVD on my laptop. So, I have to think my HTPC is going to love it. I hope.

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

it is not possible to select hardware acceleration. I"m getting ~35% CPU usage w/o hardware acceleration vs 20-25% CPU usuage in PDVD with HA active

Installed the "trial" version from the link provided in a previous post along with the update on a Vista x64 system and no go. Seems one of the drivers is not permitted to load, probably not fully signed.

Todd

Using a dual monitor configuration the program is completly unusable at 24Hz. The lower part of screen is hard stuttering. Another problem with dual monitor: you can move the main window in the 2nd monitor, but the alerts still remain on the monitor 1!
    Tonight i'll try using 60Hz, according with James notes.

I thought PowerDVD is crap, but this is truly the biggest piece of sh*t I have ever had on my so far rock-stable WindowsXP system.

When I try to start the program my virus scanner detects two files as beeing infected and asks me for action.
    When I click ignore, my whole system gets frozen for several seconds and then all of a sudden RESTARTS!!!

I really begin to think that this world is full of crappy programmers, unable to even get the most simple things to work.

Can it be such difficult to write a program that simply just playback MOVIES???

I'm really beginning to getting frustrated with all of that crap, PowerDVD, TotalMedia, etc.

I'm asking myself what these people think we users will give our money for???

Very angry and now rid of another piece of sh*t software...

Someone didn't get the memo that this wasn't a final release and not meant for public consumption, ddi they? It's suspected that this is nothing more than a beta that was accidentally released. The reason it's not released for sale yet is because, surprise surprise, it has bugs that are being fixed. To evaluate this software based on a buggy leaked beta is not entirely fair, IMO. It was never intended for you to have in the first place. So, in your case, I'd recommend waiting until the final release build is put out there and THEN try it. You don't sound like you have the patience to handle buggy software...

Disk and folders from hard drive works, but none of my iso's work. When I try any evo file, it plays at 4x.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast