Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: ArcSoft TotalMedia (English Version) Availability

I had that problem with one .evo, it played at 4*speed. Most disconcerting ans my brain cannot go that fast. Most other evos played with nice video but no audio.

I had a quick look in Graphedit at the Arcsoft filters and managed to build a graph that could play video well.

The arcsoft demuxer filter does not expose a pin for audio when connected to an async .evo source file, so this is what's going wrong in the player perhaps.

Blu ray .m2ts files seem to have audio working inside the arcsoft player, but I haven't fiddled with them in graphedit yet. Will do that later as seperate project, perhaps involving mpc for dshow playback.

As for the previous post involving lots of swearing, I doubt you'll like this approach, so don't flame me, but why not totally remove the antivirus software, then try arcsoft before damning it completely. I really feel this player is the start of something big and would hate for you to be put off unnecessarily.

i dont know if anyone's noticed this but there is an update available when you go through the programs check for update option....

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    i dont know if anyone's noticed this but there is an update available when you go through the programs check for update option....
    Hmm... Just tried it and it told me there wasn't any updates. Did you do it from within the app or via the pop up in the system tray?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalfreak View Post
    Hmm... Just tried it and it told me there wasn't any updates. Did you do it from within the app or via the pop up in the system tray?
    I think the update is just for the pop up app, not the media player itself.

Ditto with no go for the ISOs. Also, with some of my movies, the menus don't work. They appear but I cannot navigate. Some movies work fine. Strange.

I have also seen the crashing, on two computers. The third computer worked.

Definitely a lot of promise with this "preview" version though.

HD-DVD
    Seems to work perfectly from top directory, VC1 and MPEG-4 AVC both work although hardware accel may not. Plays audio fine (lossy and lossless) and in surround, menus all work and you can switch languages and subs while playing. Almost all DTS-HD movies fail to work
    Transformers, Matrix, Star Trek, Dante's Peak, 2fast 2 furious, children of men, waterworld, bourne ultimatum all fine from directory, can't play MI3. land of the dead, kiss kiss bang bang, unforgiven, v for vendetta, king kong, the mummy, the mummy returns, the graduate, first blood, superman returns

Blu
    Can't play from top directory (OK is greyed out), but can play by selecting BDMV directory.
    POTC1, POTC 3, blade runner, fifth element, starship troopers, cruel intentions, into the blue, capricorn 1, halloween all fine, plays various audio formats in surround perfectly.

Tried in 3 PCs
    PC 1 XP, reboots when app initialised
    PC2 XP, works fine
    PC3 vista, works fine

Conclusion
    OK for HD-DVD but none of the early releases work and you need a powerful cpu as HA broken, pretty good for Blu-Ray ....... crashes on BD+
    Mouse control flaky, use the keyboard

Arcsoft also allows you to take screen caps
    Last edited by sarah99; 16th January 2008 at 17:03.

Works on my non BluRay, non HD-DVD laptop - XP Pro SP2

BSOD on my BluRay, HD-DVD enabled HTPC - SP Pro SP2 - bummer !

KH
    Last edited by WeeJockPooPongMcPlop; 17th January 2008 at 05:46.

It definitely has a nice UI. Unfortunately I really didn't get a chance to use it. It locked up at the menu when I went to play a SD DVD and I had to kill the process. I also wasn't so enthralled about even more services being installed on my system. I'll wait for an official release and check it out again.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

What version # do you guys show? I have 2.1.6.105

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    What version # do you guys show? I have 2.1.6.105
    Yes, that was the version posted.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast