Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.0 beta

Default AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.0 beta

It is available here:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVDhd6120.zip

zip password is "takeyourtime" (without the quotes).

You have to reboot after the installation.

This version fixes a bug which prevents OpenSeason R2 (UK & Netherlands) to rip correctly. As always, there are many other small fixes and improvements.
    Additionally, it supports decrypting and "on the fly remastering" of HD DVD discs:

6.1.2.0 2007 02 12
    - New: Added support for new versions of the SONY Arccos protection
    to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    - New: Added HD DVD and AACS support.
    (Registered users need an upgrade key, currently only available to
    registered beta testers)
    - Fix: Problem with multi-angle titles and Sony Arccos protection
    - Some minor fixes and improvements

If you want to test HD DVD decryption but you have bought AnyDVD (not running in demo mode) you have to remove your AnyDVD license key (easiest way to do so is to rename the registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SlysSoft\AnyDVD\Key to something else using regedit).

If you don't have a HD DVD drive you don't need to bother, of course.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

James, does this mean that AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD will be one and the same?
    edit: No, on second thought, probably not if you must remove the license key.
    Last edited by sockeye; 13th February 2007 at 00:04.

Quote Originally Posted by sockeye View Post
    James, does this mean that AnyDVD and AnyDVDHD will be one and the same?
    edit: No, on second thought, probably not if you must remove the license key.
    They are one in the same. The license you have determines if the HD part of AnyDVD is enabled or not. But it is one product.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    They are one in the same. The license you have determines if the HD part of AnyDVD is enabled or not. But it is one product.
    Ok now I understand. Thanks Samuri.

When it is released can I upgrade even though I don't have a HD drive yet and still be able to use the regular DVD part?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    When it is released can I upgrade even though I don't have a HD drive yet and still be able to use the regular DVD part?
    Yes, of course! You current license runs it in AnyDVD "classic" (<-stupid name) mode.
    It is just one binary to keep my work more efficient (only one product to maintain)
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yes, of course! You current license runs it in AnyDVD "classic" (<-stupid name) mode.
    It is just one binary to keep my work more efficient (only one product to maintain)
    Sorry I meant when I upgrade the purchase for the HD part can I still just use the classic mode only with the new key that would be sent. So stupid me for not elaborating on this

Sorry I meant when I upgrade the purchase for the HD part can I still just use the classic mode only with the new key that would be sent. So stupid me for not elaborating on this
    I see. Yes, of course you can. It would be incredibly lame otherwise, wouldn't it?

I think James' is saying there will be 2 keys for one product, each enabling different functions.

Quote Originally Posted by sockeye View Post
    I think James' is saying there will be 2 keys for one product, each enabling different functions.
    Yes, but the "HD" key includes the "classic" functions, of course.
    In other words: If you buy "HD", you will always get normal "DVD" decryption, too, if you like it or not.