Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 99% CPU problem with AnyDVD

Default My 99% CPU problem with AnyDVD

I have a similar problem with XP Pro. If Any DVD is trying to scan a DVD it hogs up to 99% of CPU and most, if not all. open windows go gray or almost whit.
    The first indication was that the "scanning..." info window doesn't go away and just gradually turns gray and then white. When I reopened with task manager open I found that AnyDVD was using 98-99% of cpu. The system was working fine untill the last update and I tried the one you recommended in the previous post, no luck.
    I'm running an Athalon 64 bit 2800+ with 2 gig of ddr, and an 8x agp video card.

Quote Originally Posted by gbvoris View Post
    I have a similar problem with XP Pro. If Any DVD is trying to scan a DVD it hogs up to 99% of CPU and most, if not all. open windows go gray or almost whit.
    The first indication was that the "scanning..." info window doesn't go away and just gradually turns gray and then white. When I reopened with task manager open I found that AnyDVD was using 98-99% of cpu. The system was working fine untill the last update and I tried the one you recommended in the previous post, no luck.
    I'm running an Athalon 64 bit 2800+ with 2 gig of ddr, and an 8x agp video card.
    Try to have anydvd running first then put in the DVD.
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

I don't believe the two issues are related. The user of Vista never noted a CPU spike. Some of the very old versions did but the scanning has been optimized over time.

It's possible they might be, however.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 27th January 2008 at 23:32.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Default AnyDVD starts at boot

I've tried both having it running then insert and having the dvd opened in 'My Computer' before starting AnyDVD, same result.

Quote Originally Posted by gbvoris View Post
    I have a similar problem with XP Pro.
    Do not post in other people's troubleshooting threads unless you wish to help them please. click http://forum.slysoft.com/announcement.php?f=18 and read fully

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
    b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
    c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
    d) Select "Create Logfile"
    e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
    f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
    g) Go to your My Documents folder
    h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
    i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
    j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
    k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
    m) click "upload"
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Default 99% cpu use by AnyDVD

When I insert a disk, AnyDVD says wait while disk is scanned. I can get no father, log file etc.
    When I open Task Manager first, I can see 98-99% usage of cpu by AnyDVD.
    I have 2 gig of ram, an Athalon 2800 64 bit processor so machine capacity shouldn't be a problem. This seems to have come up after the last update.
    I'm use 6.3.1.3, and sorry I cann't get to the log file. Perhaps if it could be set to run auto, then I might be able to bring it up later.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps, especially 1, 3 and 4 (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

And ensure you're using Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta
    Last edited by Webslinger; 5th February 2008 at 13:09.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

If the CPU has nothing else to do, why shouldn't AnyDVD take the free CPU capacities for decrypting? You are not trying to tell us that you don't want your CPU to be used?
    Chris Gonzales
    Slysoft Support

You take the blue pill and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
    You take the red fox and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gonzales View Post
    If the CPU has nothing else to do, why shouldn't AnyDVD take the free CPU capacities for decrypting? You are not trying to tell us that you don't want your CPU to be used?
    You are kidding right? If it does use that much CPU for an extended amount of time, then it's likely a bug or corner case issue that makes AnyDVD get stuck in a loop.

To the original poster, try turning off the AI Scanner before you insert the disc. Perhaps this could problem is related to the "major rewrite" of the AI Scanner in v6.3.1.4 beta.

Quote Originally Posted by tqhoang View Post
    You are kidding right? If it does use that much CPU for an extended amount of time, then it's likely a bug or corner case issue that makes AnyDVD get stuck in a loop.

To the original poster, try turning off the AI Scanner before you insert the disc. Perhaps this could problem is related to the "major rewrite" of the AI Scanner in v6.3.1.4 beta.
    Valid point however the OP was not using 6.1.3.4 beta when they reported the issue and check out the release notes for the new beta:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

6.3.1.4 2008 02 03
    - New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as
    found on some adult titles
    - New (DVD): Major rewrite of the AI scanner for improved performance
    and reliability
    - Change: Hooking of the IDvdInfo2::GetDiscID interface caused a false
    security alert in some anti spyware tools
    - Fix: Theater Tek bookmarking did not work while AnyDVD was running
    - Fix: Possible hang if DVD with defective structures was inserted
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages
    The bolded line may resolve the OP's problem. It would be very useful for them to test the 6.1.3.4 beta and report back.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 5th February 2008 at 13:54.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.