Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning a ripped BLU-RAY movie to a blank disk??

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtors View Post
    Hey i have since the last messege try to rip with Remux and burn to Blu-ray disc. the picture is fine on my PS3 but i can`t get any soound or subtitle. I have tryed all i can think off to fix this, but nothing helps. Please Help me.
    Uncheck the box that says "skip align audio" (or something similar).. I'm not sure you can get the subtitles but I could be wrong about that

What about a program like DVD shrink that lets you replace a video with a static image (played as video) and remove the audio? Or heck just remove the actual audio with dummy audio. I ask because that way the menu is not change just the content that is played when you click it. Someone mentioned modifying the menus was an issue.

That way you could shrink the size and it would still work just like the original and could be burned back to a BD disk. From what I have seen current ways of doing it end up modifying the structure/menus and cause issues. Unless I don't understand what I am reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    did you remember to set the udf to 2.5?
    Hi, i sorry for this ? i;m a newbie, where i set the udf to 2.5? and waht is that? thank for any help

When you chose to make a blu-ray disc in nero one of the tabs says 'UDF' goto that tab, change from 'automatic' to 'manual' then set it to 2.5. Also get a few BD-RE discs that way you can try things out without wasting any discs

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    When you chose to make a blu-ray disc in nero one of the tabs says 'UDF' goto that tab, change from 'automatic' to 'manual' then set it to 2.5. Also get a few BD-RE discs that way you can try things out without wasting any discs
    Thank very much.....

Default burning ripped blu ray movies

I am new to this thread. Please redirect me if my question is answered in another thread. I am trying to burn ripped blu ray movies from my hard drive onto blank DVDR/ DL DVDR media. It usually takes ~3 DL DVDR to fit a 24gb blu ray after I strip unused audio streams using TSREMUX. I am interested in keeping Dolby TrueHD, DTSHDMA or uncompressed PCM tracks only and I want to bitstream those to my HDMI 1.3 processor from my panasonic blu ray player.
    I used TSREMUX to strip all other audio streams except uncompressed PCM for the movie underworld-evolution and the final size came to ~19gb. I used the default setting on TSREMUX and did not change it to blu ray, since I am not burning it onto blu ray media.

Somehow, I couldn't play the TSREMUX stripped movie with power dvd but it played with Nero8 fine. Later I used TSSPLIT to split the movie to fit into 5 DVD's and then used Nero vision to process the files for burning. I noticed that in the Nero audio settings there are only auto,DD, PCM etc but no mention of ability to burn Dolby true HD, DTSHDMA etc.

I chose PCM for this particular movie and after it finished burning played it in my Panasonic BD player. Video played fine but there was no audio at all. I don't know if I need to change UDF settings eventhough I am using DVDR media.
    I am going to try the same process on a DTS HDMA disc xmen-3 tonight and post my results in the thread. I wish there is a HD version of the famous DVD shrink to make life easier.

My requests for all the senior members/ moderators on slysoft:

1. Can anyone confirm that they were able to burn a blu ray movie with loss less audio codecs I mentioned above using Nero8 or any other software? If so, please take time to explain in a step wise approach.

2. Can you can cut a part of the blu ray movie (eg., 30 minute scene from Pearl Harbor) with lossless audio to be able to burn onto a DVD-r. I like to make demo material action scene DVD's to play them loud in my HT.

I tried the layman shrink guides and they don't clearly mention burning procedure onto dvdr discs to retain lossless audio

I appreciate any help!

Peter

Good day to all,

Is there a HOW TO DO on using TSREMUX? I have a Blu Ray that is 30.GB and want to strip out unwanted audio, so I can fit it on a 25.GB BD-R. Any help would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MrIGo View Post
    Good day to all,

Is there a HOW TO DO on using TSREMUX? I have a Blu Ray that is 30.GB and want to strip out unwanted audio, so I can fit it on a 25.GB BD-R. Any help would be much appreciated.
    When you open TsRemux, and open the source folder, you will see all the video and audio streams on the left hand side. Choose the 1st column which is video and any other audio streams you want to keep and choose a destination folder and hit remux and you should be able to get rid of at least 5gb worth of extras. If you want to downconvert DTSHD/ Dolby True HD to regular DD&DTS you can enable it by a check mark.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar1969 View Post
    When you open TsRemux, and open the source folder, you will see all the video and audio streams on the left hand side. Choose the 1st column which is video and any other audio streams you want to keep and choose a destination folder and hit remux and you should be able to get rid of at least 5gb worth of extras. If you want to downconvert DTSHD/ Dolby True HD to regular DD&DTS you can enable it by a check mark.
    Thank you for your help, will give it a go.

Let me know if it works for you. Are you using Nero8 to burn the bluray disc?

peter