Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slysoft Convert Blu-Ray to HD-DVD Please Read Formula For Next Gen Clone DVD HD DL

i dont think you can translate a hd-dvd to a dvd dl to retain quality on hd rather then reg dvds, AND even *IF* you could use a reg dvd player iT cannot send such high quality from the disc to the drive due to the video card parts it has inside the board, so therefore it wont project the pixels that really do the magic on what we call "hd" so i dont think this would work but anyone that has a strong hand on this can correct me if im wrong

Thumbs up That sounds about right to me.

I'd say CoolnessCat has it about right.

Plus I would add, for those that suggested otherwise, that Blu-Ray burners, at least, are already on the market. They are just mind-numbingly slow and expensive (as is the media).

Working with .ts files recorded from over-the-air programming I've found that many HD movies (admittedly with MPEG2 compression for OTA transmission) in the 1:30 range will just fit onto a DVD-R DL with no further compression at all, with Dolby Surround audio (not 5.1). So if, as CoolnessCat suggests, you stick with just wanting to make a backup of just the movie, and especially if it is a short and/or using a low number of audio channels you may very well be able to get away with almost no compression at all. Not too shabby for making a quick backup on cheap media.

So put me in as another voice saying they like the idea.

Default Some real world examples of HD Compression

Well let me just clarify that my suggestions on recoding an HD-DVD to a DL-DVD is intended for playback on an HD-DVD player not a standard DVD player so you can get the benefit of HD Resolution.

You can Get a 360 HD-DVD player for under $200 this is the cheapest way to go just add it to your PC and throw in Power DVD HD or WinDVD HD when ever they decide to release it?
    or get an Xbox 360.

For example I just viewed a copy of the show Heroes Heroes.S01E10.PROPER.HR.HDTV.XviD-CTU it is in HD 960 X 528 and is 700 Megs for a 45 minute show. It looks damn Good. I mean your talking about better than DVD Quality that can still fit on a CD. Technique is everything. I remember when VCD was released, they had very pixelated video, substandard to VHS & riddled with big blocky Artifacts running less than 1 hour. Laser Discs were Huge and you had to flip them to watch the other half of the movie. How do things like this get to market? Smart Compression is the key. A good Xvid! Now I know that 960 x 528 is half HD but if we double it, we should be able to get full hd at twice the cost 1.4 gig for 45 Min of full HD then if you consider 8.5 Gig Dual Layed DVD and Feature a length movie , which is say 3x = 2 hours 15 min "so far we are up to 4.2 GB " plus Extra features , menus and Audio still space for 4.3 GB It definately sounds Very Doable!

Don't forget to impliment the Blue Ray Conversion to Hd DVD & vice versa Slysoft!
    I know its all easier said than done but With some good coding and programing you will own the Market and shape it as well!

Default Need to convert blue ray to avi

I purchased Meet the Robinsons on Blue-ray last weekend for the kids, I needed to go on a business trip and want to put it on my PMP, I found no method to convert my blue-ray disk to .avi. Are there any tools available to do this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by King8633 View Post
    I purchased Meet the Robinsons on Blue-ray last weekend for the kids, I needed to go on a business trip and want to put it on my PMP, I found no method to convert my blue-ray disk to .avi. Are there any tools available to do this yet?
    Not from slysoft, I think there is others but at a badly degraded copy when doing this too?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    There is a few posts on this already and it has been stated that they plan on getting clonedvd2 to back up HD-DVD's, there is no burners for HD-DVD's yet nor any blank media so there is no rush just yet. So why put out a product that can be even tested yet?
    Burners are available on Toshiba laptops, And I already have blank HD DVD's and am able to buy them quite easily

I don't see why Slysoft should go that way. CloneDVD allows DVD9 to be converted to DVD5, but not to CD. Why should they waste time with HD-DVD or Blu-Ray to DVD? I think the best choice would be a replacement for CloneDVD for HD. Like converting dual layer Blu-Ray to single layer and also with HD-DVD, because dual layer media is far more expensive. But the big problem is having a fast transconding engine. AVC/H.264 is not the same thing as MPEG2 even with modern CPU's it could take a day or more.

Our plan is to create a "CloneHD DVD" application, which allows you to copy HD DVDs to DVD9 media.
    I don't think my boss can convince me (not even with lots of money) to work on a similar project for Blu-ray. Blu-ray is evil, who bought it shall be doomed.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerHEAD View Post
    yeah it's right what you're saying.

we need CloneDVD HD to burn the ripped HDDVD to either HDDVD-R or to DVD-9.

Regards,
    BurnerHEAD
    You'll get it.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

weird, i just assumed that clonedvd2 or mobile combined with anydvd-hd could already do this. what kind of output files do you get from a hddvd/bd then - not vobs?

50gb bluray to dvd9 sounds horrible, but 15gb hddvd to dvd9 doesn't seem too bad, note that this would be mpeg2 vobs, not divx.

i've seen bluray/hddvd converted to 4gb h264 mkv's which are perfectly watchable and fit onto a dvd5, although obviously mobile can't do that (yet?) and it would take an age to transcode i'd think, and the disadvantage there would be that not much could play it other than a pc (maybe ps3/x360?)