Thread: Updates?

Default Updates?

I have AnyDVD version 1.6.1.5 and get "can't read from DVD" messages, more and more. The DVD looks fine. Is it possible that I need an update? Are updates free? Where do I get them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnB352 View Post
    I have AnyDVD version 1.6.1.5 and get "can't read from DVD" messages, more and more. The DVD looks fine. Is it possible that I need an update? Are updates free? Where do I get them?

Thanks
    If you really have AnyDVD 1.6.1.5 then you are using one heck of an old version and I'm not even sure if any such version ever existed. I'm assuming you typoed that version number, though. The latest release is AnyDVD 6.3.1.5 and you can download it from here: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

1.6.1.5 was a beta by looking at the release log?
    1.6.1.6, 2003 08 24

- added support for Windows 95/98/SE/ME
    - added "Safe Mode" for people, who have problems
    - updated ElbyCDIO
    - more conservative startup to avoid crash
    - removed Pinnacle Driver check for better compatibility

1.5.4.3, 2003 08 22

- added workaround for nasty bug in Patin Couffin engine by VSO Software causing a "blue screen of death"
    - as a result fixed crash with applications using Patin Couffin (DVDXCopy Express, BlindWrite Suite)
    - added retries, if AnyDVD detects a read error
    http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    1.6.1.5 was a beta by looking at the release log?

http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt
    Eesh. Well, it's no wonder they are having problems with newer discs. I didn't both checking the change logs before because even if it was a real version they definitely needed to update!

My advice stands.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.