Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AnyDVD, AnyDVD-HD

Default AnyDVD, AnyDVD-HD

Well, I really do not see any clear answers to these questions, so I will post. Does AnyDVD-HD replace AnyDVD in every way in addition to adding HD support? If so, will there be a time where AnyDVD will no longer be supported, updated and will it be discontinued? I mean, why have two separate products if both do the same basic functions i.e. dycrypt basic DVDs. How long will AnyDVD continue to be updated? Will the upgrade to AnyDVD-HD continue to exist to the same point in time when AnyDVD ceases to exist?

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by diverjones View Post
    Well, I really do not see any clear answers to these questions, so I will post. Does AnyDVD-HD replace AnyDVD in every way in addition to adding HD support?
    Yes, they are exactly the same program, in fact.

If so, will there be a time where AnyDVD will no longer be supported, updated and will it be discontinued?
    No (unless Slysoft ever goes under, and it hasn't so far, so . . .)

I mean, why have two separate products if both do the same basic functions i.e. dycrypt basic DVDs.
    They are exactly the same program. Your license key determines what features are available to you.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by diverjones View Post
    Well, I really do not see any clear answers to these questions, so I will post. Does AnyDVD-HD replace AnyDVD in every way in addition to adding HD support? If so, will there be a time where AnyDVD will no longer be supported, updated and will it be discontinued? I mean, why have two separate products if both do the same basic functions i.e. dycrypt basic DVDs. How long will AnyDVD continue to be updated? Will the upgrade to AnyDVD-HD continue to exist to the same point in time when AnyDVD ceases to exist?

Dennis
    Please look at our homepage. Two products: AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD. Sold separately. Bot supported. Nothing will be replaced by anything.

This isn't sooo difficult to understand, is it?

The only magic - for reasons of simplicity, they are the same download file. Just like PowerDVD, PowerDVD Gold, PowerDVD premium ... whatever.
    Just like Vista Home, Home Premium, Ultimate... all the same installation DVD. The key you use makes the difference.
    Last edited by James; 16th February 2007 at 23:39.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    They are exactly the same program. Your license key determines what features are available to you.
    To be precise - they are *two* different products which happen to share the same distribution binary.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    To be precise - they are *two* different products which happen to share the same distribution binary.
    Ok, OK

But I think my description is less confusing.

I'll use your description from now on instead.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Ok, OK

I agree. By calling them two separate products it's only going to confuse people more. I think my post on CDF explains it pretty well, but, James, if you're not happy with how I explained it there feel free to correct me.

Ok, OK

You may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    You may be right.
    I'm just a dumb mod.

My free trial on AnyDVD is up in a few days, I was just wondering if I could get another free trial on the AnyDVD-HD? God... that sounds greedy doesn't it.

I apologize for posting my questions here, as well as in the 6123 thread, but part of the confusion which is not addressed in the "history" of the update is making it clear if this update will disable the AnyDVD function if someone like me with only a DVD-RW drive purchases the $30 upgrade. I'm pretty sure you guys wouldn't do that, but it should be addressed.

Also, I would recommend that you make it clear in the 6132 Download History link that existing AnyDVD users will need to purchase a $30 upgrade to enable the DVD-HD capability...especially since this sort of flies in the face of "lifetime upgrades."

I understand this is a whole new product, so I don't have a problem with the $30, but I think you have enough good will built up with all of us, that you don't need to shy away from the essential information stated up front. I actually needed to check on AfterDawn.com to try and figure out what was going on, as I didn't even know you had a forum here. I think it is slightly cheesy that you list the Valentine coupon code on the front page, but then don't honor it for this upgrade......I mean...come on....think of the good will giving a $5 spot for us early bird upgraders who don't even have a HD drive yet! :-)

Having used all of your programs for years, I have been in the habit of just getting the update, and checking the history to see what's new...so I think making the situation a lot more clear in that History link will save you a lot of grief.

PS) I love SlySoft
    Last edited by RedFox; 17th February 2007 at 01:20.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast