Thread: Copied DVDs "freezing" up when playing back

Default Copied DVDs "freezing" up when playing back

I just purchased Clone DVD and Any DVD. I've successfully copied a few DVD movies, but when playing them back on my DVD player, some of them will freeze up in the middle of playing the movie. They were copied on Verbatim DVD-Rs.

Would appreciate any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix!! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    I just purchased Clone DVD and Any DVD. I've successfully copied a few DVD movies, but when playing them back on my DVD player, some of them will freeze up in the middle of playing the movie. They were copied on Verbatim DVD-Rs.

Would appreciate any suggestions on what the problem is and how to fix!! Thanks.
    What is rating of the Verbatim discs you are using and what is the burn speed setting set to in CloneDVD?
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Verbatim up to 16X and speed was the default, set to maximum

Additional information: 4.7 GB, 120 min video.
    Last edited by geewhiz; 17th March 2008 at 21:08.

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    Verbatim up to 16X and speed was the default, set to maximum

Additional information: 4.7 GB, 120 min video.
    I believe your problem is the burn speed with CloneDVD and not AnyDVD.

If you have a DVD burner that is rated for burning at 16x or higher I would recommend that you try burning at 12x maximum but I'd say it would be better to try 8x. The freezing could be caused by your burn speed being too fast.

Sometimes you might not have a problem burning at maximum and other times the results might be bad. The time saved between 8x, 12x, and 16x isn't worth a bad burn, IMHO.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 17th March 2008 at 21:38.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Thank you. I"m not sure what the burn rating is of our DVD burner, but I will try your suggestions. Much appreciated.