Thread: Why won't AnyDVD HD remove forced advertisements at beginning of blu-ray movies?

Default Why won't AnyDVD HD remove forced advertisements at beginning of blu-ray movies?

Why won't AnyDVD-HD remove forced advertisements at beginning of blu-ray movies?

I have enabled this feature. I have tried both skipping directly to movie and to skip to title menu. Both features don't seem to work. If I try to jump to title menu in PowerDVD, it said Prohibited.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I have only tried this on one movie: Resident Evil: Extinction.

I think they once said it isn't that easy with BD than it is with DVD and HD DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
    Why won't AnyDVD-HD remove forced advertisements at beginning of blu-ray movies?

I have enabled this feature. I have tried both skipping directly to movie and to skip to title menu. Both features don't seem to work. If I try to jump to title menu in PowerDVD, it said Prohibited.

What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I have only tried this on one movie: Resident Evil: Extinction.
    I just keep hitting next chapter ">|" to skip over them quickly.

Ohh... okay. Thanks for the quick response. So, its a known issue; and, I shouldn't expect it to work with blu-ray movies... Thanks.

It works some of the time. I have the PowerDVD remote and I can often get to the main menu with AnyDVD running, but, it really depends on the title.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    It works some of the time. I have the PowerDVD remote and I can often get to the main menu with AnyDVD running, but, it really depends on the title.
    Which, BTW, is IMHO a bug in PowerDVD. AnyDVD doesn't offer this feature for Blu-ray discs... yet.
    With the format war over, and BD being the winner, we will certainly concentrate on such features for Blu.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Which, BTW, is IMHO a bug in PowerDVD. AnyDVD doesn't offer this feature for Blu-ray discs... yet.
    With the format war over, and BD being the winner, we will certainly concentrate on such features for Blu.
    Since you removed BD+ then allowing to skip to the menu must be very simple in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by 3r1c View Post
    Since you removed BD+ then allowing to skip to the menu must be very simple in comparison
    For "simple" Blu-ray discs - piece of cake. For Java titles it can be quite challenging.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think it has to do with having the protection (AACS) removed. I think PowerDVD gets confused on the restrictions at times. Like I said, though, it doesn't work all the time. All I can say is to try. If it doesn't work, next chapter is your friend. I'd love to see you guys find a good solution for this issue at some point though.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.