Thread: 80 GB iPod

Hybrid View

Default 80 GB iPod

I have used Clone Mobile DVD to try and upload Wiggles for my 3 year old onto my Ipod. I have a new 80 gb Ipod. When I download and put into I Tunes, everything appears fine. After I sink up Ipod and get video, everything appears fine except when I press play. Screen is black and is paused. I unpause and it still does not work. The DVD I am using is one I burnt using my Tivo. I also used a different DVD still same problem. What am I doing wrong? I have used Clone DVD and Any DVD for a year but just sampling the Clone Mobile DVD looking to purchase if I can get the thing to work. Help!

does the file you created play using the quicktime player?
    connect the iPod to your computer,open iTunes.locate the problem file and try to play it in iTunes.
    what happens?

also,do you have problems with original dvd movie discs? (ie bought from a shop).
    Last edited by mike20021969; 24th March 2008 at 11:33.
    It's not copying... it's backing up
    Download AnyDVD HD - Get The Latest Stable Version HERE

I have movie stored on external hard drive. I go to my computer, find the hard drive and than the file. Once I play it will play in Quicktime format. When going into ITunes I import the same file and it does play in ITunes fine. The problem I have is when I sync my Ipod with ITunes. When it says sync complete, I unplug, check to see if movie is there which it is, and press play. Screen appears black and is paused. I manually fast forward movie and it is still black. No video or audio. When I forward it and press play it automatically goes back to the video menu. DVD copy is fine it's the syncing of the video and audio to the Ipod that is the problem.

don't import the movie file into iTunes,then syncing iTunes to put it on the iPod.

do it this way and see if it helps:
    connect iPod to computer.open iTunes.wait til iTunes finds iPod.
    under where you iPod is listed the will be a heading Movies which you should click.
    this will list all movies on your iPod.
    right click the movie that wont play>delete.

with iTunes still open,locate the video file created with clonedvdmobile.
    with both the file containing folder open and iTunes open,drag the movie from the folder to the iTunes interface.
    the movie will now copy to your iPod.
    once it's copied it will automatically 'sync'.
    once it's done,with iTunes still open you should see the movie title you just dragged and dropped.
    double click it and hopefully it will play in the bottom left corner of the iTunes window.
    if successful,stop it playing.then eject the iPod.
    once it is safe to do so,see if it will now play on you iPod.
    this is the method i use for transferring my files and i never had a failed movie yet.
    good luck.
    Last edited by mike20021969; 24th March 2008 at 15:18.

I appreciate your help and totally understand how you are explaining how to do this. I had tried this way previously and tried to do it again after reading your reply and got the same result. After sycning, on my Ipod I go to movies. The Ipod shows the title and an image of the movie and when you select it the title appears on the top of the screen but it is still a blank black screen. The movie appears on my ITunes on my PC but does not want to transfer correctly to my Ipod when I sync it. Black screen with the title on top..that's it. I can play the movie on ITunes just won't transfer the movie to my Ipod. Ahhhhh!

daft question time:
    are you using ipod video 5 hires setting? (i use that).
    are you using 320x240 for resolution? (i use that).

or what settings in clonedvdmobile are you using?
    remember,even though the files play on your computer (even on the computer via the ipod's hard drive aswell), the settings you choose may not be suitable for playback on ipod's screen.
    Last edited by mike20021969; 24th March 2008 at 16:40.