Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wooo, Creative pisses off end-users again . . .

Default Wooo, Creative pisses off end-users again . . .

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...cending&page=1

All I need is popcorn and a comfy sofa.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

112 pages (1,120 posts) and growing like a wildfire.

What an absolute PR blunder. Creative would have been better off not having Moderator post the words of Phil O'Shaughnessy, VP of Corporate Communications, in the open forums and done it this through more private channels. Oh, they'd still have taken a lot of heat over everything but this is definitely a, "What were you thinking?!?" moment. They should just hire Daniel_K.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    112 pages (1,120 posts) and growing like a wildfire.

What an absolute PR blunder. Creative would have been better off not having Moderator post the words of Phil O'Shaughnessy, VP of Corporate Communications, in the open forums and done it this through more private channels. Oh, they'd still have taken a lot of heat over everything but this is definitely a, "What were you thinking?!?" moment. They should just hire Daniel_K.

In some cases, I think Creative purposely crippled drivers in order to force customers to buy new soundcards. If that's true, I don't see how hiring Daniel K. is going to resolve crippled drivers for end-users.

But yeah, posting that out in the open was pretty stupid (but better, I think for end-users).
    Last edited by Webslinger; 30th March 2008 at 17:00.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    In some cases, I think Creative purposely crippled drivers in order to force customers to buy new soundcards.
    It should be noted that Creative isn't the first company to do something like that (not uncommon actually).

In some cases, I think Creative purposely crippled drivers in order to force customers to buy new soundcards.
    This isn't unheard of and it's very angering to see done but it does happen, of course.

If that's true, I don't see how hiring Daniel K. is going to resolve crippled drivers for end-users.
    It isn't that he can fix their product where they cannot. It's about the public perception. By hiring him they could effectively shut him up and pay him off and get him working on something else. He's obviously very good at what he does. They could have hired him all through private channels and then he would say he could no longer release drivers since he works for Creative. Problem solved before this entire firestorm began.

But yeah, posting that out in the open was pretty stupid (but better, I think for end-users).
    It's good for the end-users because we get to see just how stupid Creative is and what's going on is more transparent without us hearing of a supposed private communication. No matter how you slice it they made a PR blunder, though.

It should be noted that Creative isn't the first company to do something like that (not uncommon actually).
    Of course not. "It's all about the Benjamins".
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Hardly the first...........I would venture to say it is more common than not.
    I respond to PM and E-Mail requests
    Been to town.........seen the elephant

Creative has been bad for a few years, these people should do what I did a couple of years ago, Stop Buying Creative Products, that will get more attention than moaning and groaning about it on that forum.
    Creative seemed more upset about the donation request than they did the fellas work. I think if he had not asked for donations he would have been left alone.
    Mark

My Main System
    OS:*Win 7 Ult X64 ||MB:*EVGA Z77 FTW||*CPU:*Intel Core I-7-3770K ||*RAM:*16GB ||GPU:*EVGA GTX 660GTX X2/SLI ||*Monitor:*WH VR-5535Z ||*Drives:*Samsung SSD 840EVO , Samsung HDD, Hitachi HDD, 2X's WDC HDD, Total 5.5TB||Op Drive 1:*Pioneer BDR-2209 ||*Op Drive 2:*LG CH10LS28
    Home Theatre Setup
    TV:*WH VR-5535Z ||*BD Player:*Sony BDP-S590 ||*AV Receiver:*ONKYO HT-R591 7.1 Surround/ Nvidia Hi-Def || Speakers: Onkyo Center/Side/Sub, JBL L112's Front, Pioneer HPM-100's Rear

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrat View Post
    Creative has been bad for a few years, these people should do what I did a couple of years ago, Stop Buying Creative Products, that will get more attention than moaning and groaning about it on that forum.....(snip)...
    Same here. No more creative. I won't buy a card that is a rebagde or uses a creative chip either. Off hand Auzentech is one to steer clear of for using a creative labs chip.

Later, Conrad

Quote Originally Posted by ConradWS View Post
    Same here. No more creative. I won't buy a card that is a rebagde or uses a creative chip either. Off hand Auzentech is one to steer clear of for using a creative labs chip.

Later, Conrad
    True but they give you a better card with full functionality from the get-go w/o making you purchase the secondary Alchemy pack for Vista like Creative does.

I've always loved the sound from Creative cards but hated their drivers. My next card may be a C-Media, HT Omega (C-Media processor), or Auzentech.

I'm still interested to see what new advancements the Creative X-Fi 2 will have, though.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

If Creative was the only choice in the market... That's just savvy business. But when users have choices Creative is forcing users over to their competition. That's just nuts. What a can of worms that is going to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast