Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Answer: How to quickly convert folders to ISO

Default Answer: How to quickly convert folders to ISO

Ok, so, many of you have folders up the yang of ripped Blu-ray movies and don't want to spend the time to convert them to ISO. What if I make it easy for you? Could we then stop complaining? LOL

These methods will require ImgBurn 2.4.1.0 or later.

METHOD 1: Manual Way

-Load ImgBurn
    -Select create image from files/folder
    -Add Blu-ray folder
    -In options, make SURE UDF 2.5 is selected. VERY IMPORTANT!
    -Create ISO

METHOD 2: Batch file Way

Here's the batch file way for MUCH easier ISO creation. Note that I've not tested this because oddly all of my rips are in ISO format. However, it should work fine.

Save this to something like "makeISO.bat" or whatever and put it in your path

Code:
    @echo off
    set SRC=C:\Movies
    set DEST=C:\ISOs
    set PathToImgBurn=C:\Program Files\ImgBurn

start /d"%PathToImgBurn%\" ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%SRC%\%1" /DEST "%DEST%\%1.ISO" /FILESYSTEM "UDF" /UDFREVISION "2.50" /VOLUMELABEL "%1" /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER "YES" /START
    Usage:

makeISO DIEHARD
    makeISO ID4
    etc

That's basically it. It takes the folder name you pass in, and turns it into an ISO ready for mounting. Enjoy!

NOTES:
    -Obviously you'll need to edit the SRC and DEST variables to match your system. The SRC is the folder that contains the Blu-ray folder(s) you want to convert. DEST is where you want the resulting ISO to live. So, if you have C:\Movies\DIEHARD, C:\Movies\ID4, etc and want to convert them, set SRC to C:\Movies. You get the idea.

-If you changed the default location of ImgBurn installation, edit the PathToImgBurn variable to point to the location.

P.S. Yes, you lazy people, you can create a batch file to call this script and do all your movies automagically for you.

Code:
    @echo off
    call makeISO ID4
    call makeISO DIEHARD
    call makeISO SIMPSONS_MOVIE
    ETC

UPDATE - See BSalita's very nice improvement here
    Last edited by SamuriHL; 26th November 2009 at 20:30.
    Perhaps you should read The Rules?

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

Nice!

That'll be handy for many of us.
    I have a lot to convert and don't want to re-rip them all if I don't have to.

Thanks

Though you have a couple errors in the MakeISO.bat

EDIT: I removed my post so as not to confuse anyone.
    Nice Work - handy little "tool".
    Last edited by Humpa; 12th April 2008 at 11:03.

I've made some changes. That should satisfy you. I left the \ on originally because I want people to understand they're folders not files. But, whatever. It doesn't hurt to have the extra \ at all. I do it all the time in my work batch files.
    Last edited by SamuriHL; 12th April 2008 at 11:01.

My replies represent ONLY myself and do NOT represent SlySoft. I do not work for SlySoft.

oops ... posted too soon.

Is there something else that we can pass, or a setting we can set in ImgBurn so that the dialog box doesn't pop-up? That dialog box that tells you how many folders/files are going to be converted? You have to click "ok" before it proceeds.

I can't look for that setting right now because I clicked "ok", and now it is converting Twilight Zone to iso.

Cancel that encode. I just added a bunch more stuff to the script. (Found the damn readme.txt that gives ALL the options. Oops. ) That should be closer to what we want.

ok, in ImgBurn > Tools > Settings > Build you need to check the following 2 boxes (unless this can be passed in the MakeISO.bat?):

Don't Prompt Image Details
    Don't Prompt Volume Label

EDIT: oops again, I see you changed it again.

I already fixed that.

BTW, thanks for helping me work the bugs out of this. As I said, I don't have any folders to try this with and I'm not in the mood to make one. I suppose I could have just mounted an ISO and done it from there, but, meh, this works.

Yep, works a treat now.

I edited it to fit my filestructure (I'm passing 4 variables into the MakeISO.bat, since I have a zillion drives - now I can set up the CallMakeISO.bat file much easier, and never have to edit those root paths in the MakeISO.bat again).

Thanks again

You're quite welcome. And yes, I figured more advanced users would take this as a template and run with it. There's a LOT you can do with batch files but this basic script should get most people up and running with ease. I'm glad we got the kinks worked out. This should help all those poor souls who ripped to folders before the functionality was removed from PowerDVD to play them. Now no one has an excuse to be playing from folders with old versions of PowerDVD anymore.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast