Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: HD DVD Script Code

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default HD DVD Script Code

    Do you know if AnyDVD HD decrypts the scripts that run the HD DVD's? In other words, will I be able to see and modify the actual scripts that the studio puts on the discs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    It can modify XML scripts.
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

    desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

    laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBaseball View Post
    It can modify XML scripts.
    Does that mean that you would be able to view all the scripts and files on the disc and then modify them in my own code editor? Or is there some sort of GUI that AnyDVD provides to edit only certain XML scripts without allowing the user to see them?

    More specifically, I would like to know if the user has full access to all the scripts and files on the disc, ie; xml, js, xpl, png, jpg, etc. Allowing full editing and control of those files as they see fit.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HD Newbie View Post
    Does that mean that you would be able to view all the scripts and files on the disc and then modify them in my own code editor? Or is there some sort of GUI that AnyDVD provides to edit only certain XML scripts without allowing the user to see them?

    More specifically, I would like to know if the user has full access to all the scripts and files on the disc, ie; xml, js, xpl, png, jpg, etc. Allowing full editing and control of those files as they see fit.
    I don't think AnyDVD-HD allows you to do that.
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

    desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

    laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBaseball View Post
    I don't think AnyDVD-HD allows you to do that.
    You don't even have a HD DVD drive, yet you comment on every HD DVD related topic.

    To answer the original question:
    You can modify the XML (XPL) scripts which AnyDVD has decrypted in the AnyDVD scripts directory. These scripts will be mirrored back to the physical disc.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    You don't even have a HD DVD drive, yet you comment on every HD DVD related topic.

    To answer the original question:
    You can modify the XML (XPL) scripts which AnyDVD has decrypted in the AnyDVD scripts directory. These scripts will be mirrored back to the physical disc.
    It doesn't matter, I know some things about AnyDVD-HD from what I've read.
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

    desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

    laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I'd prefer to get the answer from someone who has the AnyDVD HD software and has actual experience doing this. Or from a representative from SlySoft.

    Getting information from anyone else is just ridiculous... for obvious reasons.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    30,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HD Newbie View Post
    I'd prefer to get the answer from someone who has the AnyDVD HD software and has actual experience doing this. Or from a representative from SlySoft.
    James is a Slysoft developer. When he tells you something about Anydvd HD (he is one of the authors of the program), it would be wise to pay attention.

    Quote Originally Posted by James
    To answer the original question:
    You can modify the XML (XPL) scripts which AnyDVD has decrypted in the AnyDVD scripts directory. These scripts will be mirrored back to the physical disc.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 18th February 2007 at 20:33.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

    Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

    Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    James is a Slysoft developer. When he tells you something about Anydvd HD (he is one of the authors of the program), it would be wise to pay attention.
    The poster was referring to me. I guess because I don't own a HD-DVD drive I can't try to help people.
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

    desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

    laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    You don't even have a HD DVD drive, yet you comment on every HD DVD related topic.

    To answer the original question:
    You can modify the XML (XPL) scripts which AnyDVD has decrypted in the AnyDVD scripts directory. These scripts will be mirrored back to the physical disc.
    Cool. Thanks James. Does AnyDVD decrypt all of the scripts and files on the disc including the javascript and png's or just the XML? Can I open and edit these files in another script editor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •