Thread: Netflix streaming DRM

Default Netflix streaming DRM

Is there a way to use AnyDVD-HD to bypass DRM for Netflix streaming videos? (They won't play on my system unless I set my monitor to very low resolution.)

Quote Originally Posted by GLDrescher View Post
    Is there a way to use AnyDVD-HD to bypass DRM for Netflix streaming videos? (They won't play on my system unless I set my monitor to very low resolution.)
    No. Anydvd HD is intended for commercial Blu-ray and HD-DVD movie discs.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by GLDrescher View Post
    I play them at 1080p (upconverted) with the DRM intact. The Netflix player does not stream based on the resolution of your monitor. It streams one of 4 quality videos based on the speed of your internet connection:

500 Kbps ( Requires 700 Kbps connection)
    1000 Kbps ( Requires 1400 Kbps connection)
    1600 Kbps ( Requires 2240 Kbps connection)
    2200 Kbps ( Requires 3080 Kbps connection)

The "2200 Kbps" actually has a 6000 Kbps VBR video rate.

I wrote a plugin for GBPVR that allows you to choose the bitrate you want to download regardless of your speed.

Sorry, mods. I won't discuss this further here and this can be deleted if I violated any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by whurlston View Post
    I play them at 1080p (upconverted) with the DRM intact. The Netflix player does not stream based on the resolution of your monitor. It streams one of 4 quality videos based on the speed of your internet connection:

500 Kbps ( Requires 700 Kbps connection)
    1000 Kbps ( Requires 1400 Kbps connection)
    1600 Kbps ( Requires 2240 Kbps connection)
    2200 Kbps ( Requires 3080 Kbps connection)

The "2200 Kbps" actually has a 6000 Kbps VBR video rate.

I wrote a plugin for GBPVR that allows you to choose the bitrate you want to download regardless of your speed.

Sorry, mods. I won't discuss this further here and this can be deleted if I violated any rules.
    Actually If I'm guessing right as to what the OP is referring to, you can only run the Netflix WatchNow at 480p if you are using a component connection (for example). I have this exact dilemma and its a result of the COPP (or whatever it is called) protection in Vista. Had a Media Center 2005 HTPC prior and component out used to work fine.

I'd LOVE a way for Slysoft to remove this restriction

Oh, I have a DVI -> HDMI connection which may be why I never ran into that issue.

I believe “rsd” is correct but I never had this problem myself.

There may be one way to deal with it but I’m no expert on such things.

Perhaps changing your monitor’s connection may help. Anyway, “GLDrescher“, check you instant messages for a possible solution to your issue.

I play Netflix Instant Watch all the time at 1080 via my computer. Looked into my TV via an RGB cable, looks better than many other media sources I have...

Anybody get this to work??

Slysoft is not going to be able to remove DRM from any downloadable content. That is not the purpose of AnyDVD, nor any of their existing products. Slysoft creates products for legitimate owners of physical media to play the content without frivilous restrictions imposed on us by the MPAA, DVD, and Blu-ray consortium's.

Besides, Slysoft does not condone the use of their products (i.e. ripping to ISO, not watching the physical disk with AnyDVD enabled) with rental services, as you do not own the physical disk.

Be careful with this thread, as this is getting close to a mod closing it.
    Main HTPC: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-S2H | AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 DC Black Edition | ASUS EAH4550 (ATI Catalyst 9.8/Driver v8.641) | LC GGC-H20L (FW 1.03) | 4GB RAM | IN WIN IW-BL631.300BLP | Windows 7 x64 | MediaBrowser 2.1.1.0 | ArcSoft TMT Platinum 3.0.1.160 | VCD 5.4.3.5 | AnyDVD HD 6.5.8.2 | Toshiba 42RV530U connected via HDMI | Onkyo HT-R540 connected by SPID/F