Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: German translation (AnyDVD)

Yet another update...

I have some information, plato. "Blu-ray Disc", "HD DVD" and "Video DVD" are now fixed, the team will correct all of them (if not already done). Also they said they will look for some German word for "Disc/Disk/Medium" to make the translation consistent and correct again.

Have a look...
    Last edited by Fernando; 2nd November 2008 at 08:55.
    Fernando

SlySoft Developer - Chameleon; CloneDVD Mobile, Slyce, Slyce Mobile, SlyPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Yet another update...

I have some information, plato. "Blu-ray Disc", "HD DVD" and "Video DVD" are now fixed, the team will correct all of them (if not already done). Also they said they will look for some German word for "Disc/Disk/Medium" to make the translation consistent and correct again.

Have a look...
    Hi, Fernando!

It looks very good to me (although there are still two mistakes).
    Which program do I need in order to open "Localization (de-DE)"

Concerning "Disc/Disk/Medium": maybe this entry will be helpful to them:
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk

The two mistakes are:

Einstellungen

Software Regionseinschränkung
    Current (updated) version:
    Entfernt den Regionalcode einer DVD. Die DVD erscheint dann für alle Programme Regionalcode frei.
    My version:
    Entfernt den Regionalcode einer DVD. Die DVD erscheint dann für alle Programme regionalcodefrei.

In case I register AnyDVD it tells me:
    Registration von AnyDVD... (Annotation: "Registration" is not a German expression)

My version:
    Registrierung von AnyDVD...

"Blu-ray Disc" is a trade name and the official German spelling. So I'm told and they send me that link: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray - Sorry, they insist.

"regionalcodefrei" is changed.

And they say they cannot find "Registration von AnyDVD...". Could you give me a hint?

And they formally changed "Disk/Disc/Medium" to "Datenträger" according to "IBM-Deutsch"
    Fernando

Oh, you can edit the .xml file with notepad or any other texteditor you like.

But use a utf-8 aware editor (notepad is one) to not mess with regional characters (like your German umlauts)
    Fernando

"Blu-ray Disc" is a trade name and the official German spelling. So I'm told and they send me that link: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray - Sorry, they insist.
    Obviously there seems to be a tiff... I never said "Blu-ray Disc" would be wrong ("Blu-ray Disk" is wrong - like it was before I started the correction).

And they say they cannot find "Registration von AnyDVD...". Could you give me a hint?
    When you start the program "Register AnyDVD" and you successfully register it, it tells you: "Registration von AnyDVD in Ordnung! Bitte starten Sie AnyDVD erneut".

"Registration" is incorrect. "Registrierung" is the right translation.

And they formally changed "Disk/Disc/Medium" to "Datenträger" according to "IBM-Deutsch"
    "Datenträger" is very good!
    (BTW: Never buy IBM hard disks...)

Oh, I see. RegAnyDVD is localizing a different way. That's why they couldn't find the text. Will be fixed in a later release.

Final translation.
    Fernando

Oh, I see. RegAnyDVD is localizing a different way. That's why they couldn't find the text. Will be fixed in a later release.

Final translation.
    I have got four more mistakes/suggestions (although I know your fellow Team Members are going to hire a bounty hunter against me ):

Video HD DVD

Benutzereinschränkungen von HD DVDs entfernen
    My version:
    Diese Option erlaubt es Ihnen, Benutzereinschränkungen, wie z.B. das Wechseln der Ton- oder Untertitelspur direkt von der Fernbedienung aus, zu entfernen.

Laufwerke

Geschwindigkeitssteuerung
    Current version:
    ...Nero Drive Speed...
    My version:
    ...Nero DriveSpeed...

Programmeinstellungen

Autostart
    My version:
    Ist diese Option eingeschaltet, so startet AnyDVD automatisch beim Hochfahren von Windows.

Abgesicherter Modus
    Current version:
    ...wenn Sie Fehlverhalten Ihres Rechners...
    My version:
    ...wenn Sie ein Fehlverhalten Ihres Rechners...

Fixed again
    Fernando

Fixed again
    Can you upload the updated German language file, please?

German Language File

(no password)
    Fernando