Thread: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-861H ATA Device?

Default MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-861H ATA Device?

Hi, i just wondered whether anydvd or anydvd HD would work with my notebook dvd drive: MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-861H ATA Device. I have heard that there have been problems with matshita drives but not all. Basically, I want to buy a region 1 dvd and my dvd drive is currently set to region 2. I do not want to have to use up any of my 3 (i think?) chances to change my region and I am not sure how to go about resetting firmware etc. So will anydvd or anydvd HD allow me to play a region 1 dvd in my above mentioned drive? thanks

It's not going to work.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

16. Help! I'm having problems playing discs from other regions with my Matshita drive! Why?

Matshita (Panasonic oem) burners should really be avoided. They are cheap junk (which is probably why some laptop companies love these drives), die easily, and also suffer from region coding issues. Click this
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.