Thread: Power DVD or Nero DVD

Default Power DVD or Nero DVD

Hi, I've got an issue and not sure if it is related with the DVD player software, any feedback would be helpfull. I have ripped "The Longest Day" and "Patton" using AnyDVD 6.4.5 and I have Nero 8 with the Blu Ray enabled. I load any m2ts file except the main movie file, (largest file) and it plays. However when I load the biggest file (main movie) all I get is a black screen. Is this an issue with Nero 8. I don't have Power DVD so can anyone tell me if they have ever had this problem? Thanks all

Playing individual m2ts stream is no longer supported in powerdvd, it may be possible nero has same situation. To play create ISO image of the disc and mount the disc with virtual drive.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Playing individual m2ts stream is no longer supported in powerdvd, it may be possible nero has same situation. To play create ISO image of the disc and mount the disc with virtual drive.
    That's wrong, I can play the main movie m2ts files from Blu-ray in both players (latest versions) with out any problems on the video side (audio still doesn't play the HD audio track though) so it must be something to do with how your system is trying to decode the main movie file. It's usual for the rest of the files on a disc not to use the same codec as the main movie. If you try to play the full film from the disc does that play?

adbear, you are right I was thinking of playing complete blu-ray structure from hard drive that has been disabled. Not individual m2ts stream.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it