Thread: AnyDVD update

Default AnyDVD update

I just updated AnyDVD (6.4.5.5?)
    I use CloneDVD to burn (registered user)
    Since the update, CloneDVD (which I also updated, just in case) hangs during scan at 52% on original movie.
    I've tried with 3 different movies and it's 52% on each.
    This happens whether the movie is scanning from D: drive to E: or vise versa (both drives are burners)
    I can however copy a previously cloned DVD without it hanging up. (haven't stuck it in a player to see if it works yet ..
    I didn't have this problem (or any other problem) before the AnyDVD update.
    Any Suggestions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

This may simply be a bad disc but I can't say for sure.

It's easy to miss but from your logs:

read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
    tries 2 retry 1293498 to 1293499
    read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
    tries 1 retry 1293498 to 1293499
    Added cell VTS 1, PGC 1, Cell 15
    I also see this:

AFS2K (system32\drivers\AFS2K.sys), Version: 3.1.17.0 (3.1.17.0)
    Company: Oak Technology Inc.
    Product: AFS
    Copyright: Copyright (C) Oak Technology Inc.
    Description: Audio File System
    FileVersion: 3.1.17.981
    ProductVersion: 3.1.17.14(981)
    PrivateBuild: 3.1.17.14(981)
    SpecialBuild: Windows 2000 free build.
    This filter generally is installed with HP software. It might be a problem or it might not.

1. Create a backup of your registry
    2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
    3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
    4. Select "AFS2K". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
    5. Reboot

Whatever programs installed those filter will no longer work properly. The programs can be made functional again by reinstalling them.

Once the filters are removed and you have rebooted then please create a new set of log files from the original disc and post them.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

I'm doubting the Bad disc theory since I've now tried this with 5 different (new release) original movie disks (I'm sure my neighbors are wondering ..) and on each and every one it hangs during scanning at 52%
    2 previously cloned movies and 2 long ago released movies copied just fine.
    I'll try removing the filter when I get back from picking up the g-kids, but I'd like to reiterate that there were NO problems until the AnyDVD update I downloaded this AM and I'm thinking it's an update problem

Quote Originally Posted by snafuz View Post
    I'm doubting the Bad disc theory since I've now tried this with 5 different (new release) original movie disks (I'm sure my neighbors are wondering ..) and on each and every one it hangs during scanning at 52%
    2 previously cloned movies and 2 long ago released movies copied just fine.
    I'll try removing the filter when I get back from picking up the g-kids, but I'd like to reiterate that there were NO problems until the AnyDVD update I downloaded this AM and I'm thinking it's an update problem
    When flawed discs are released they tend to be in batches. An entire batch of discs may be badly pressed or the quality of the media used is bad. You might find that every single release of this title from the place you got this disc from might be bad because their entire shipment might contain flawed discs. I've personally experienced this.

If you want to prove the problem is with AnyDVD then uninstall the update and reinstall the old version and copy the disc. I'm actually being serious.

As I noted in my previous post removing the filter might or might not help. I don't believe AnyDVD is causing the read error with your disc.

I've now tried this with 5 different (new release) original movie disks
    I'm confused by this statement. Do you mean 5 different movie releases or 5 different discs of the same exact movie release? If you mean 5 different DVD releases then I think your problem goes deeper than the AnyDVD update.

Lower your drive speed.
    Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 18th July 2008 at 15:38.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Thanks for the help and sorry about being so slow
    I would love to go back and install the old (previous) version. I don't have it on my computer, is it still available online?
    About trying the 5 different disks, I mean
    The ruins (blockbuster) , Shutter (netflix) , Batman Begins (walmart) , The messengers & Awake

3 days ago I cloned the Batman Begins movie and a new release kid show, those worked fine.
    Since AnyDVD's update, I can't clone anything.
    I can however DVD copy (unprotected kid show) dvd using nero

Hate to start removing things but I'll try getting rid of the filter if I can't find an older version of AnyDvd

Default Sounds Like your Drive Speed is too fast

As someone else said try lowering your drive speed, your comp may not be up to the speed of Clone software causing it to hang up

Thanks for the help and sorry about being so slow
    I would love to go back and install the old (previous) version. I don't have it on my computer, is it still available online?
    Hate to start removing things but I'll try getting rid of the filter if I can't find an older version of AnyDvd
    OK, snafuz you can still get the older release from this link http://club.cdfreaks.com/f88/anydvd-...thread-248589/. EDIT: copying rented dvd's is not allowed read the forum rules again. You get no more help from me
    Last edited by AGJ; 19th July 2008 at 02:10. Reason: added and removed text

About trying the 5 different disks, I mean
    The ruins (blockbuster) , Shutter (netflix) , The messengers & Awake
    These are rented and against forum rules to help you with

Quote Originally Posted by AGJ View Post
    copying rented dvd's is not allowed read the forum rules again.
    Perhaps YOU should read the rules all the way to the bottom.
    And let the moderators do the moderating.

-W

Quote Originally Posted by AGJ View Post
    These are rented and against forum rules to help you with
    Refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...09&postcount=6.

If helping offends your sensibilities then please refrain from posting responses in such threads. I can understand if it does.

I, personally, will offer no help for copying rentals or discs that a person does not own but, no, it is not against the forum rules.

If people wish to offer constructive help then they are free to do so. I won't be offering further help.
    DrinkLyeAndDie