Thread: Closed Captioned issues w/some JVC DVD players

Thumbs up Closed Captioned issues w/some JVC DVD players

Here is an issue I discovered, this issue applies to JVC DVD players...
    I found quite a few JVC DVD players This model I purchased recently in particular (JVC DVD Player Model: XV-N44), has closed caption display problems when you play back the duplicated DVD (made w/CloneDVD & AnyDVD)...I experienced distorted text, most of the time. And yes, the original disc does not have Closed Caption display issues...its only the copy created with cloneDVD2.

After Further testing...
    I tested the backup created with Fab and, to my dismay, I experienced no Closed Caption distorted text issues either.

So...please advise. I hope this helps

Do you have subtitle transparency turned on in Anydvd? If so, disable it.

Otherwise I have no clue.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Do you have subtitle transparency turned on in Anydvd? If so, disable it.
    CC are not affected by subtitle transparency. Neither AnyDVD or CloneDVD change anything to the CC data.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    CC are not affected by subtitle transparency. Neither AnyDVD or CloneDVD change anything to the CC data.
    Oh, I never use CC; I always use subtitles. Sorry, I was thinking about subtitles.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think the issue is the JVC DVD player it self...its displaying CC in distorted text for some unknowed reason. But, the reason I brought this to your attention is bc, Fab DVD backups plays the CC data just fine which leaves me.........just giving you guys the heads up

I own a JVC XV-NP10. I've never had issues with subtitles or closed captioning being distorted on my backups when watching them on that player.

As you said, I think it may be the DVD player that is the issue.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkLyeAndDie View Post
    I own a JVC XV-NP10. I've never had issues with subtitles or closed captioning being distorted on my backups when watching them on that player.

As you said, I think it may be the DVD player that is the issue.
    Yeah I think its just a glitch with CloneDVD backups this issue is showing...
    And, this particular model: XV-N44 and some other ones. The particular one you have is a very new model compaired to the one I own...I guess they resolved the issue on their new ones....