Thread: What is VCDDaemon for??

Default What is VCDDaemon for??

What does it do?
    Is it really necessary to run in the background all the time?

Thanks
    NigelS

Quote Originally Posted by nrmsmith View Post
    What does it do?

Thanks
    NigelS
    vcddaemon.exe is a process belonging to Elaborate Bytes Virtual CloneDrive which offers a virtual CD system which can mount CD images. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

http://www.processlibrary.com/directory/files/vcddaemon
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Quote Originally Posted by nrmsmith View Post
    What does it do?
    (assuming VCD 5.4.0.6)
    Yes and no. It tracks which drives are VCD drives if you add remove them using VCDPrefs, or if you change drive letters.
    Unless you do this, it won't consume a single CPU cycle. If you terminate it and add / remove / change drive letters, mounting images will fail or you won't see the VCD shell extension in explorer or other "bad things(tm)" may happen.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

James

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know, and what incidently wasn't being offered in the generic advice which I had read in ProcessLibrary (found by Googling, before I asked the question here)

(Thanks for responding anyway Charlie, much appreciated)
    NigelS