Thread: My plextor starting to fail, any suggestions on a replacement?

Question My plextor starting to fail, any suggestions on a replacement?

My PX-755SA seems to be dying and I'd like suggestions on a good replacement for general burning duty. I'm going to get a LG GGC-H20L soon but it's going to be just for reading blu-rays. Thanks in advance.
    My Current System: Compaq Presario 6331rsh => FIC AM35 VIA KM266-8233, AMD Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8ghz, 2x512MB DDR266, Evga Geforce4 Ti4200 64MB 4x AGP, LT Winmodem, Sony DRU-810A, WDC WD600AB, Dell 101-key Spillproof PS2, MS Wheel Mouse Optical Black, Olevia 427-S12 HDTV via VGA, Windows XP Home SP3

Quote Originally Posted by BDMinus View Post
    My PX-755SA seems to be dying and I'd like suggestions on a good replacement for general burning duty.
    http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=767
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by BDMinus View Post
    My PX-755SA seems to be dying and I'd like suggestions on a good replacement for general burning duty. I'm going to get a LG GGC-H20L soon but it's going to be just for reading blu-rays. Thanks in advance.
    i'm going to get the LG too i think on my next build, for 50ukp more than a DVD burner, it'd be rude not to my only wonder is how good a burner is it?

i usually get nec/optiarc drives such as the AD-7200A or 7201a, with the region-free firmware from liggy/dee, you can't go wrong, especially on price - 15ukp for a lightscribe/labelflash 20x burner......

Lite-On DVDRW's are good.
    I respond to PM and E-Mail requests
    Been to town.........seen the elephant