Thread: editing xpl scripts

Default editing xpl scripts

i'm using anydvd 6.1.2.5 trial, and have found it to be absolutely fantastic. i will almost certainly buy it when my trial expires.

however, i've been trying to use the script editing feature, and it doesn't seem to be working. after modifying the xpl, and opening powerdvd 7.2, it seems to just use the default xpl. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mb2696 View Post
    i'm using anydvd 6.1.2.5 trial, and have found it to be absolutely fantastic. i will almost certainly buy it when my trial expires.

however, i've been trying to use the script editing feature, and it doesn't seem to be working. after modifying the xpl, and opening powerdvd 7.2, it seems to just use the default xpl. any suggestions?
    Don't you mean xml?
    "Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart, and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever. I thank you and God bless you all." - Jimmy V

desktop: 3.2 GHz P4 w/HT, 80GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR2 RAM, Pioneer 18X DVD +/-RW, Philips 16X DVD +/-RW, 19 inch flat panel LCD display

laptop: 1.73 GHz Pentium dual-core, 80GB SATA HD, 2GB DDR2 RAM, Matshita 5X DVD-RAM, 15.4 inch display, integrated wireless LAN

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitBaseball View Post
    Don't you mean xml?
    nope...i mean the playlist file, "VPLST000.XPL" per the AACS standards. you are right that the script is written in xml, but when i said xpl i mean the VPLST000.XPL file

Quote Originally Posted by mb2696 View Post

After editing the script you must disable / enable AnyDVD for the change to take effect (or remove / reinsert the disc).
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    After editing the script you must disable / enable AnyDVD for the change to take effect (or remove / reinsert the disc).

wonderful...thank you very much. i must have missed reading this somewhere.

-matt

I wonder if the developers could add a "rescan discs" item to the context menu of the fox in the tray? It'd be handy to be able to sort this out with a click rather than having to disable and enable it.