Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.6.9 Update (en) Install Problems

Default AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.6.9 Update (en) Install Problems

The latest update freezes Windows Explorer when I click to install. Has anybody else had this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    The latest update freezes Windows Explorer when I click to install. Has anybody else had this problem?
    Nope. Which OS are you using? Just reboot and try again.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Have you got the Spybot Search & Destroy teatimer installed? If so, disable it and re-try installing AnyDVD.

the latest update was 6.4.6.8 not 9

THe latest update released is 6.4.6.9 not .8
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

If you guys had updates checked you would have seen it when you started your computer. 6.4.6.9 is the latest and its not a beta. No freeze ups here.
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Nope. Which OS are you using? Just reboot and try again.
    OK, I know what the problem was. I never let programs access the internet during install. This is the first time AnyDVD hasn't allowed me to install after blocking internet access.

I know some of you don't think it's any big deal but I still like to have control over my own computer and what gets access to my internet connection.

Thanks to all of you ignorant $%*!#& thieves who steal AnyDVD and make the rest of us pay (literally and figuratively.)

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    OK, I know what the problem was. I never let programs access the internet during install. This is the first time AnyDVD hasn't allowed me to install after blocking internet access.
    Nope. AnyDVD doesn't require internet access to install. Your *OS* might require it to verify, if the signature of the installation package is correct and no certificates have been revoked.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

OK, James, can you please explain why AnyDVD is the only program that my OS has required me to connect to www.download.windowsupdate.com before I could install the program.

All I know is that five times I tried and failed to install AnyDVD but the sixth time was successful only after I granted permission for internet access.

I'm not being accusatory or doubting you, I just can't stand my computer connecting to websites without knowing exactly why.

Description Windows Explorer requested permission to access the internet.
    Rating High
    Date / Time 2008/09/20 10:37:48-5:00 GMT
    Type Repeat Program
    Program C:\windows\explorer.exe
    Source IP
    Destination IP 4.23.45.126:80
    Direction Outgoing (connect)
    Action Taken Allowed (once)/Manual
    Count 1
    Source DNS
    Destination DNS www.download.windowsupdate.com

no problems here. smooth sailing. great job Slysoft