26th September 2008, 15:04
AnyDVD won't load
got a new laptop and when trying to download anydvd the file downloads then nothing happens.
the laptop has vista on it and doesnt seem to want to install the program once its downloaded. my old laptop had xp and anydvd downloaded and installed as it should.
even if i click save instead of run the file does not save onto the laptop.
popup blocker is off and security set on medium but this was never an issue before so im at a loss.
26th September 2008, 15:45
So does the file download fully and appear on your HDD? What happens when you run the installer? Nothing? Do you have UAC running? Are you the administrator?
It sounds to me as if the problem is related to your OS and settings rather than AnyDVD, itself. Maybe someone else will be more able to be more helpful.
- All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
- I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.
26th September 2008, 17:03
click download on site then the panel appears and i click "run" it then counts down as it downloads then the box closes when the download is complete but nothing happens and it does not appear on hdd.
when i try the save option it does not appear on hdd
26th September 2008, 18:18
1) Delete the file you downloaded.
2) Delete your browser's cache
1. From the main menu, select Tools-->Clear Private Data
2. Check "cache".
3. Click "Clear Private Data Now".
In Internet Explorer 7.x:
1. Select Internet Options from the Tools pull-down menu.
2. Click the General tab-->Go to the Browsing history section-->Click the "Delete" button
3. The Delete Browsing History dialog box will display--->In the Temporary Internet Files section, click the "Delete files" button.
4. You are asked, "Are you sure you want to delete all temporary Internet Explorer files?"
5. Click the "Yes" button.
3) If you have System Mechanic, System Mechanic Pro, or any kind of registry monitoring program, please ensure
these programs are allowing Anydvd's installation program to modify your registry--as those programs can block
Anydvd from installing properly.
4) linx05 says Teatimer enabled on Spybot can cause problems during installation: visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...04&postcount=5
a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
d) Download Anydvd http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6470.exe
e) Exit all Slysoft programs (including Anydvd, Clonedvd2, Clonecd, Clonecdtray, Clonedvdmobile, etc.). Check Windows Task Manager if you have to.
f) At this point disable your antivirus and firewall programs
i) Install your license key (if required) http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=732
j) At this point enable your antivirus and firewall programs
My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.
Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.
Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.