Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verbatim blank dvd-r alert: FAULTY batch (serial number starting MAP6)

Default Verbatim blank dvd-r alert: Some FAULTY blanks (serial number starting MAP6)

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...=408771&page=7

Read the posts by the Digital Dolphin
    Last edited by Webslinger; 16th April 2007 at 22:30.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Heh..... I never won a lottery before!!!

-W

Quote Originally Posted by Clams Canino View Post
    Heh..... I never won a lottery before!!!

-W
    If yours burn fine, they should be o.k. It's the ones that don't burn at all that would make me angry:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...&postcount=115
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Angry Verbatim Map6 dvd-r

Boy are you right! After running several spindles of Verbatim without problems, it struck, Map 6 the great coaster maker.One after another became coasters. Sure enough checked the lot # and there it was.
    Sure stinks when a company puts out defectives such as this. Not only is the cost aggravating but the waste of time makes me more than mad!

Quote Originally Posted by ventor View Post
    Boy are you right! After running several spindles of Verbatim without problems, it struck, Map 6 the great coaster maker.One after another became coasters. Sure enough checked the lot # and there it was.
    Sure stinks when a company puts out defectives such as this. Not only is the cost aggravating but the waste of time makes me more than mad!
    Verbatim is really good about dealing with customers with faulty discs. Go return them to Verbatim, and they'll probably exchange them and give you a few extras for your time. It's not even the entire MAP6 serials/batch; it's just some of the discs that are bad. Verbatim, on the whole, is still very good.

I'm sorry that you came across some bad ones.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 17th April 2007 at 11:27.

Question serial number starting MAP6

Where do you find the serial number? I have several disks that do not work but don't know the batch number and can not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by delacueva View Post
    Where do you find the serial number? I have several disks that do not work but don't know the batch number and can not find it.
    Check the clear plastic of the inner hub

Default Verbatim Blank DVD

I have also had bad results with Verbatim's blanks.
    I purchased two 100 pkgs Verbatim DVD-r blanks.
    About 30% were bad. I purchased them from Amazon.com
    and thought they were a good buy -- not so.
    All the problems were on the outer edge of the bad discs.
    Something wrong in the mfg of them.
    I called and tried to discuss this with Verbatim but they
    weren't interested so I threw them away.
    That was last year. I will NEVER buy another Verbatim disk
    again.
    If they don't back up their products any better than that,
    I don't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by mantonschool View Post
    I called and tried to discuss this with Verbatim but they
    weren't interested so I threw them away.
    That's the complete opposite experience most have with Verbatim. They are usually very accommodating. Also, wouldn't Amazon take the product back? They generally have very good customer service.

Angry

I also bought a Verbatim 100 pack from Dabs and the entire lot where faulty..I e-mailed verbatim and they sent me on a fresh 100 pack and guess what they also are faulty That's the worst Customer service I've ever met...Waited over a month to get the discs and they sent me on faulty ones what a compleate joke of a company they are, Never again will I use there rubbish products....