Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Verbatim blank dvd-r alert: FAULTY batch (serial number starting MAP6)

Quote Originally Posted by Funfair View Post
    I also bought a Verbatim 100 pack from Dabs and the entire lot where faulty..I e-mailed verbatim and they sent me on a fresh 100 pack and guess what they also are faulty That's the worst Customer service I've ever met...Waited over a month to get the discs and they sent me on faulty ones what a compleate joke of a company they are, Never again will I use there rubbish products....
    It's quite likely that some more troubleshooting needs to be done on your end. I sincerely doubt the replacement discs they sent were MAP6 or PAP6. And Verbatim is hardly "a complete joke of a company".

Should you require assistance, click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321 and answer all questions fully
    Last edited by Webslinger; 30th August 2008 at 15:54.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Default Verbatim blank dvd-r discs

I see someone else has had the same situation I have had with the Verbatim discs. The only difference is they didn't respond to me about the problem.
    I purchased two 100 packages of discs. More than half of them were bad. I looked to see what the trouble was and right near the edge of each bad one was a discolored portion. I finally went through all the discs and tried to get rid of them.
    Having no success in contacting Verbatim, I threw them away and decided I would never again purchase a Verbatim product again.
    I have been using Taiyo Yuden ever since and have not found any bad ones. In my opinion, they are the best.

I usually use DVDShrink to take the Main Movie down to 85% with only the AC3-5.1 audio track left on it. This usually gives me 1/8 to 1/4 inch of unused meat on the outside edges of my blanks. The outside edge is usually where most defects lie. Had I had your spool - I might never had noticed a problem.

-W

Angry

Wow so I wasn't Alone in this.....I to went threw Over 1500 of these and they were full of flaws even ones that did turn out half the time don't play correctly.....diffrent Disc ID though Then Listed here...DVD+R.
    I have since switched to Taiyo Yuden DVD+R 8X Lacquer MID yuden000 T02
    burned up 1 whole pack no issues no flaws total perfection......I have never seen that before in all the 10's of thousands of DVDs I have burned and tossed.....in my opinion they are the best. I'm Using a Lite-on LH-20A1S Sata 2 DVD burner with them. I would Use Verbatim DVD+R DL ----But Never The DVD+R SL DVDs. They "had" a solid Product They Do "Not" Have a Solid Quality Product anymore. in my opinion...keep in mind I have not used there DVD+R DL Blanks In over a year they maybe down the drain now in quality also....

anyways had to get my 2 cents in on this tread...lol
    Starz