Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberlink Software

Default Cyberlink Software

I have found out something very interesting, maybe everyone knows this but me but I will tell you anyway. Cyberlinks PowerDVD has two versions of their Ultra Software. Version 7.1 is the HD Edition and Version 7.2 is the Blu-Ray Edition. I am wondering if anyone has a version of 7.2 that enables the HD version?
    http://forum.slysoft.com/attachment....1&d=1172767308
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click on this link to join the forum: SlySoft Forum Registration
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." 1981 Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFox 1 View Post
    I have found out something very interesting, maybe everyone knows this but me but I will tell you anyway. Cyberlinks PowerDVD has two versions of their Ultra Software. Version 7.1 is the HD Edition and Version 7.2 is the Blu-Ray Edition. I am wondering if anyone has a version of 7.2 that enables the HD version?
    http://forum.slysoft.com/attachment....1&d=1172767308
    It's all in how you install it. It's the SAME program, just installed two different ways. I.E. if it detects a BluRay drive it'll install as 7.2 and if it detects an HD DVD drive it'll install as 7.1. They're promising a patch soon that'll allow the use of "both" versions but so far, said patch has been...."delayed".

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    It's all in how you install it. It's the SAME program, just installed two different ways. I.E. if it detects a BluRay drive it'll install as 7.2 and if it detects an HD DVD drive it'll install as 7.1. They're promising a patch soon that'll allow the use of "both" versions but so far, said patch has been...."delayed".
    Thanks SamuriHL, I am just getting used to this software package.
    By registering to our forum, you accepted our rules and policies, so please respect these rules and policies;
    Please post software-related questions in the forum - PMs will only be answered if really private. Thanks!

Thanks SamuriHL, I am just getting used to this software package.
    And I'm getting more and more disappointed by it, tbh. It's the buggiest version of PowerDVD I've ever seen. And so far the support has been completely abyssmal. I'm hoping they get it fixed up soon but so far it's not looking so good. Many of the members on their forum have already started talking about lawsuits against them over this version. IOW, it's rather ugly. I'm not ready to go that far, but, calling this software "good" would be an insult.

Glad I havn't bought version 7 yet. I just thought it did both already.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Glad I havn't bought version 7 yet. I just thought it did both already.
    Eventually....Unless you NEED it right away, I'd hold off until the update is released to see how they do.

And I'm getting more and more disappointed by it, tbh. It's the buggiest version of PowerDVD I've ever seen. And so far the support has been completely abyssmal. I'm hoping they get it fixed up soon but so far it's not looking so good. Many of the members on their forum have already started talking about lawsuits against them over this version. IOW, it's rather ugly. I'm not ready to go that far, but, calling this software "good" would be an insult.
    I have not had any problems with it, V7.1 HD Edition. Maybe its a conflict with other apps. I am just guessing.

I have not had any problems with it, V7.1 HD Edition. Maybe its a conflict with other apps. I am just guessing.
    No, it's just badly written. Even on normal DVDs I've had issues with it. They say it's Vista compatible yet it switches off Aero glass mode into basic color mode, etc. Plus I don't think it works very well with Vista and DVI (non-HDCP compliant) monitors for HD content...at least in my experience. It's just full of issues.

No, it's just badly written. Even on normal DVDs I've had issues with it. They say it's Vista compatible yet it switches off Aero glass mode into basic color mode, etc. Plus I don't think it works very well with Vista and DVI (non-HDCP compliant) monitors for HD content...at least in my experience. It's just full of issues.
    I will test these issues to see if I can reproduce them. I always used WMP 11 until I obtained this software, sometimes even Nero Showtime, but as of yet I have no issues, but I will do more testing. Thanks SamuriHL.

I will test these issues to see if I can reproduce them. I always used WMP 11 until I obtained this software, sometimes even Nero Showtime, but as of yet I have no issues, but I will do more testing. Thanks SamuriHL.
    Good luck. I'm gonna have to build a new HTPC at some point this year...my HTPC machines aren't up to speed for HD content unfortunately. What a pain.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast