Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Re: Compressing .m2ts movie file ?

Default Re: Compressing .m2ts movie file ?

Ok I ripped Pat Metheny "The Way Up" Blu ray fine with AnyDVD HD and TsRemux
    burnt to a DB-RE it fitted the main movie file is only ~18Gig

When I rip Clint Eastwood "Magnum" the .m2ts file is to big for a single layer
    BD-R

How to compress the .m2ts file

Thanks Guys I know I am in the right place

(using the LG GGW-H20L)

Quote Originally Posted by boyzo View Post
    How to compress the .m2ts file
    Using a BDMV authoring software but according to what I have heard the result is not satisfactory. A real solution for BDs as CloneDVD for DVDs is still missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzo View Post
    Thanks Guys I know I am in the right place
    Actually you're not. This is the AnyDVD HD forum which has nothing to do with recompressing video material.

You don't want to compress the M2TS files.

That would bring down the quality or bitrate of the movie, as a general rule try to stay with a bitrate the same as the source or a bitrate higher than the source.

Try using these tools to DOWNSIZE your video and NOT re-encode your movie.

1. ripper of your choice
    2. BDinfo
    3. TSMUXER
    4. Imgburn

Put your movie only on a BD-R disk (25gb) if it won't fit after DOWNSIZING than put on BD-9 disks (quantity as needed)

90% plus of all Blu-ray movie only, after proper DOWNSIZING will fit on a BD-R disk. (mpeg or AVC)
    Last edited by fast eddie; 15th October 2008 at 10:52.
    Fast Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Tox View Post
    Using a BDMV authoring software but according to what I have heard the result is not satisfactory. A real solution for BDs as CloneDVD for DVDs is still missing.

BDMV .. example please

Actually you're not. This is the AnyDVD HD forum which has nothing to do with recompressing video material.
    Ok point taken

Default Blu Ray downsizing

Quote Originally Posted by fast eddie View Post
    You don't want to compress the M2TS files.

That would bring down the quality or bitrate of the movie, as a general rule try to stay with a bitrate the same as the source or a bitrate higher than the source.

Try using these tools to DOWNSIZE your video and NOT re-encode your movie.

1. ripper of your choice
    2. BDinfo
    3. TSMUXER
    4. Imgburn

Put your movie only on a BD-R disk (25gb) if it won't fit after DOWNSIZING than put on BD-9 disks (quantity as needed)

90% plus of all Blu-ray movie only, after proper DOWNSIZING will fit on a BD-R disk. (mpeg or AVC)
    Can you explain DOwnsizing I hve gone thru' steps 1 to 4
    Magnum is ~28G 1 m2ts file and 1 sound track

@Boyzo

Downsizing is the job of TSMUXER

TSMUXER takes any audio and subtitles, or any part of the source disk you don't want in your back-up and removes them, thus DOWNSIZING the source disk.

DOWNSIZING does not change the bitrate of your backup disk, just removes parts you don't want.

RE-ENCODING changes the bitrate to fit on a blank BD-5, BD-9, BD-R, BD-RE disk, but your compressing the video into a smaller disk space, thus the quality of the picture is downgraded.

On standard def DVD-5 blank disk an allowable compression (re-encoding) of 5 to 10% and the picture quality should not suffer.

I try NOT TO re-encode any hi def Blu-ray disk just downsizing to keep picture quality same as the source disk. Usually commerical Blu-ray source disk

If you dowsized your movie as much as possible and it is still 28gb, then I would put the main movie on two blank disks, maybe one BD-R (25gb) and one BD-5 (4.7gb)
    Last edited by fast eddie; 16th October 2008 at 13:07.
    Fast Eddie

@Boyzo

TSMUXER takes any audio and subtitles, or any part of the source disk you don't want in your back-up and removes them, thus DOWNSIZING the source disk.

DOWNSIZING does not change the bitrate of your backup disk, just removes parts you don't want.

RE-ENCODING changes the bitrate to fit on a blank BD-5, BD-9, BD-R, BD-RE disk, but your compressing the video into a smaller disk space, thus the quality of the picture is downgraded.

On standard def DVD-5 blank disk an allowable compression (re-encoding) of 5 to 10% and the picture quality should not suffer.

I try NOT TO re-encode any hi def Blu-ray disk just downsizing to keep picture quality same as the source disk. Usually commerical Blu-ray source disk

If you dowsized your movie as much as possible and it is still 28gb, then I would put the main movie on two blank disks, maybe one BD-R (25gb) and one BD-5 (4.7gb)
    Ye I strip the movie down with Tsmuxer .. understand

Ok so that means a split to fit on 2 BD-R (25Gig)

I wish there was a DVDshrink for BluRay movies ... its so easy with DVD movies
    Sigh !!!

If you don't mind quality lost in compression than making mkv or avchd is an option. I normally use MediaCoder for compression, mkvmerge to make mkv for PC or tsmuxer to make avchd(bluray) and fit in one DVD for PS3 playback. Quality is good enough for me in normal watching distance. Much better than good old DVD.

Found this tool that splits Bluray to muliple DVD. Worth a look but I have not tried it as I don't want to change disc in a movie. I rather watch my movie with PC in 1 piece.

http://www.dvd-cloner.com/blu-ray-to-dvd/

Quote Originally Posted by pkh View Post
    If you don't mind quality lost in compression than making mkv or avchd is an option. I normally use MediaCoder for compression, mkvmerge to make mkv for PC or tsmuxer to make avchd(bluray) and fit in one DVD for PS3 playback. Quality is good enough for me in normal watching distance. Much better than good old DVD.

Found this tool that splits Bluray to muliple DVD. Worth a look but I have not tried it as I don't want to change disc in a movie. I rather watch my movie with PC in 1 piece.

http://www.dvd-cloner.com/blu-ray-to-dvd/
    If you'd read around on here you'd know that that software is rubbish and doesn't work

@Boyzo

There is no such thing as a BD-9 or A BD-5....
    it's BD-25 (25 GB) or BD-50 (50 GB) OR DVD-4 (4GB) DVD-5 (5GB)DVD-9 (9GB) There Rounded off figures Not exact measurements of space on the discs..

gets really tiresome reading people talking about Blu-Rays like there DVDS there entirely different beasts....yes you can break Blu_ray files Down to DVDs but there then DVDs the disc type don't change just cause your burring HD media on it.

Starz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast