Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] First problem in 2 years.

Default [Resolved] First problem in 2 years.

This is my first problem in 2 years. I am trying to backup my "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?" It will not get past the scanning stage. Is this just a bad 2nd disc, (I've already returned 1 back to Walmart), or has it got a problem. I hope that I have sent you enough info in regards to this DVD..... Thanx, Pops
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by PHANTOM1939 View Post
    This is my first problem in 2 years. I am trying to backup my "ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5th GRADER?" It will not get past the scanning stage.
    How long did you let Clonedvd wait? Also, are you using Clonedvd 2.9.2.0?

I'll send a PM to James.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Clone went for about 2 hours. Yes...I'm using the latest updates for ANYDVD (V 6484)and CLONEDVD2 (V 2920)

Clone went for about 2 hours.
    O.k. That's nuts. I sent a Private Message to James.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Thanx. Any help would be welcome. Using original discs in this house is a NO NO..... and this will be a well used DVD. Thanx again.......Pops

Clone went for about 2 hours. Yes...I'm using the latest updates for ANYDVD (V 6484)and CLONEDVD2 (V 2920)
    This is a game DVD, I assume it won't work correctly when AnyDVD is running...?
    It is always a good idea to check, if a DVD *works* before even attempting to copy it.

Can you please try to temporary disable the option to remove "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" in AnyDVD?
    Don't forget to re-enable it when done.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    This is a game DVD
    Media is CSS protected!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Not a PC game, certainly?

Edit: ohhhhhh

http://www.amazon.com/Are-Smarter-th.../dp/B000S606SM

Maybe use Clonecd or use "Write Existing Data", James?

Sorry, I'll butt out now.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 17th November 2008 at 15:07.

Default I've had the same trouble ...

Hi y'all, I also had that same issue, I just assumed the disk brand was sub-par and got another brand's spindle. As it turned out, I did not have enough disk space on the drive that help by temp dir with CloneDVD2. I moved some stuff off the main partition and it worked great just as it always had. So I bought a USB drive, moved all DVD related files (space hogs) to that and kept my temp on the faster SATA drive. All is good now in "back-up" land. : )

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by rufussjones View Post
    Hi y'all, I also had that same issue
    Unless you have a game on a dvd that's not actually a movie, it's not the same issue at all.
    Anydvd and Clonedvd are intended for commercially released dvd-videos--not games.

The disc in question does not comply to a dvd-video standard (it's not a movie).

By the way, PHANTOM1939, I suspect this method will work: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327
    But James would know better than I would. Regardless, you should do what James wrote.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 17th November 2008 at 18:39.

Wink

Thanx guys....James idea worked real good. I now have the backup for the grand kids to play. I may stand corrected, BUT, Is this really a game??? The file structor and format are the same as in any DVD movie. This is just visually of coarse....I don't know what the actual structure inside the file is.... Over a year ago, I backed up our SCENE IT! (Harry Potter). It backed up as easy as any movie did. Anyway....Thanxs James and thanx to Webslinger for all the help. I follow this forum daily, but rarely do I log on. Have a good one.......Pops