Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide for unprotected Blu-ray ISO for PowerDVD

Default Guide for unprotected Blu-ray ISO for PowerDVD

This is just a quick guide to help out those who don't want to leave the ISO's as protected ISO's on the harddrive and want them to work in PowerDVD, this is also a good way to get good copies back onto BD-R/RE to play back in Set Top players
    First check that AnyDVD HD can decrypt the disc
    Then chose 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk' with the following options ticked
    Enable Blu-ray Support
    Remove BD+ protection
    Prohibited User Operations
    Disable BD-Live
    Remove Blu-ray region code

Once it's finished ripping check the folder structure by adding in the following folders (even if they are empty)

BDMV
    -----AUXDATA
    -----BACKUP
    ------------BDJO
    ------------CLIPINF
    ------------JAR
    ------------PLAYLIST
    -----BDJO
    -----CLIPINF
    -----JAR
    -----META
    -----PLAYLIST
    -----STREAM
    CERTIFICATE

Once that's done then using Imgburn choose 'Create Image from Files & Folders', drag in the BDMV and Certificate Folder along with any extra files that may be in your root folder outside of those two folders.
    In Imgburn on the 'Options' tab set to UDF and 2.5.
    On the 'Labels' tab type the name of the film in the UDF box
    choose the destination where you want it to build the ISO and set it going.
    So far using this method all my Images play back perfectly in PDVD 7.3 and 8 using Virtual Clone Drive to mount them with (I can't use TMT as it crashes my systems)
    Last edited by Adbear; 2nd January 2009 at 17:32.

Hi and thanks for this guide.

Just to be sure, when you say "rip to folder", you mean we must manually copy/paste the complete BD-ROM structure using Windows Explorer ?

And why not create an ISO directly with AnyDVD HD (unticking "Keep Protection") ?

Thanks again,
    Luke.

You can rip it to folder anyway you like, I just find it easier to use Anydvd HD's own option as it's always worked for me.
    If you rip it directly to an ISO then you can't put back in the missing folders which then means it's not a compliant unprotected disc and PDVD can come up with 'Unsupported format' and other error messages. The guide is for FULLY COMPLIANT discs

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    You can rip it to folder anyway you like, I just find it easier to use Anydvd HD's own option as it's always worked for me.
    If you rip it directly to an ISO then you can't put back in the missing folders which then means it's not a compliant unprotected disc and PDVD can come up with 'Unsupported format' and other error messages. The guide is for FULLY COMPLIANT discs
    Does this work for movie only rips using tsmuxer to create the folder structure and adding back in any missing folders before using imageburn to create the image??

I don't know as I never do that, I only ever use full disc ISO's

I'm sorry, but I've the latest version of AnyDVD HD (6.4.9.2), and I can't see any "Rip to folder" option. I just see "Rip to image..." and "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..."... Where can I find it ?

If you rip it with "Keep the protection" ticked, then you're supposed to have the exact same disc as the original one. So you just have to keep AnyDVD HD running when you want to play this ISO in PDVD.
    Am I wrong ?

Waiting for answers,
    Luke.

'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk' is the option you want

You can leave protection on if you want, but again my guide is for PowerDVD compliant Unprotected ISO's which can then be burnt back to BD-r/re for playback in settop players

Thanks for all, AdBear

Just have a Question Of My own On this subject...
    Just want to know if there would be any issues with this setup.
    Step 1.Rip to ISO with protection Intact.
    Step 2.Mount the ISO in VCD. With AnyDVD Running Removing The Encryption From The ISO.
    Step 3.Burn the folders off the VCD Drive to BD-R.

Or IF you have 2 BD-r Drives
    Witch I will soon.
    Copy Disc to Disc with AnyDVD Removing the protection as it burns to a new Disc....anotherwords Burn the folders str8 from one disc to another.

or is there some reason that ripping to the HDD first with the protection removed is better?

Thx Starz

Yes there are good reasons why I do it this way,
    1 I've tried disc to disc and it doesn't always play back in the set top player or PC
    2 PDVD doesn't always like unprotected ISO's if they don't have all the folders there (even if they are empty) which is why it's a guide to Unprotected ISO's for PDVD. if you don't add back in the folders PDVD comes up with 'unrecognised format' and other errors when you mount the ISO and try to play it and you can get the same message if you've written to a BD-R/RE if the folders are missing (I made that mistake with Flightplan, backup plays fine on my PS3 but won't play in PDVD)
    Making ISO's the way I've explained has meant that my 100+ BD ISO's all play back fine in the latest PDVD 7.3 and 8.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast