Thread: Is there a tutorial for Virtual Clone Drive?

Default Is there a tutorial for Virtual Clone Drive?

I hate to ask such a basic question, but I can figure out how to use Virtual Clone Drive. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I just ripped my first Blu-Ray disk to a folder on my hard drive. I'm using AnyDVD HD 6.5.07. Now I want to watch the movie (iso) using Total Media Theater (latest version). I can see the movie ISO folder and the Virtual Clone Drive in Windows Vista explorer.

If I click on the Virtual Drive, a pop up window says "insert disk". What does this mean, how can I insert a disk? I tried to drag the movie to the virtual drive but that is not allowed.
    So, how do I mount the drive?
    Eventually I plan to have several Blu-Ray ISO movies on my hard drive. How do I make it automatically play the movie I want?

Sorry, for such a basic question.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
    I hate to ask such a basic question, but I can figure out how to use Virtual Clone Drive. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I just ripped my first Blu-Ray disk to a folder on my hard drive. I'm using AnyDVD HD 6.5.07. Now I want to watch the movie (iso) using Total Media Theater (latest version). I can see the movie ISO folder and the Virtual Clone Drive in Windows Vista explorer.

If I click on the Virtual Drive, a pop up window says "insert disk". What does this mean, how can I insert a disk? I tried to drag the movie to the virtual drive but that is not allowed.
    So, how do I mount the drive?
    Eventually I plan to have several Blu-Ray ISO movies on my hard drive. How do I make it automatically play the movie I want?

Sorry, for such a basic question.
    Right click your ISO file, change the association with (program that opens it) to Virtual Clone Drive. Check that "always open with" is checked. Now when you double click the ISO it will automatically mount to your drive. From there you should be able to open the drive with TMT (or it will play it automaticallly)

Default Thanks

It is working now thanks to your help.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryBumkin View Post
    Even better, there is a manual. It is in your start menu. (Programs->Elaborate Bytes->Virtual CloneDrive->Manual)
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

In YouTube you'll find quite a few tutorials for Virtual Clone Drive, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuW7Yq8dt5g

is there a way to quickly unmount? do you just double click it again?

use the right mouse key to unload an image