Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does AnyDVD HD keep all protection when option checked

Default Does AnyDVD HD keep all protection when option checked

Hi, sorry for the basic question.

I am using AnyDVD HD and in my case I only want the protected ISO files on my hard drive so I'm just using the "Rip to Image" method with the Keep Protection option checked.

I made an image of Day AFter Tomorrow this way and noticed it wouldn't play with PDVD 8 Ultra 2217a and mounted with Daemon, saying it was an unrecognized format in the drive. Anyway, I don't mean this as a troubleshooting issue really but was curious as when I looked at the "status" of the mounted file in AnyDVD HD, it says

Summary for drive X: (AnyDVD 6.5.0.7)
    IHIX 6Z89I74P2 1.03
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.

Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
    Video Blu-ray label: DAT
    Media is AACS protected!
    Media is BD+ protected!
    Removed AACS copy protection!

Is it normal for the AACS protection to be removed with the option to keep protection checked or is this in a different context here?

Thanks,

Andre

Hello, Andre and welcome to forum we need to address two problems here.

1. Don’t use deamon tools it is known to cause problem with slow ripping and playback as well. Instead use Virtual Clone Drive it is free from slysoft. Available at download page at slysoft.

2. Second could make sure it is removing both AACS and BD+ from disk. IF AACS is only removed not BD+ then it will cause problem like one you described. (Should you have problem determining then just paste log file).

3. It is prefectly normal to remove AACS and if you have BD+ to remove that as well.(All Fox Disc has BD+)

To create a log file

1. Insert the disc you want to create log file for.
    2. Left click on anydvd in system tray (where time displays) choose “Create Logfile”
    3. Logfiles are created in the subdirectory "AnyDVD_logs" in the
    user's documents folder.
    4. When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread
    5. If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip
    6. A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
    7. Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file which was created.
    8. Click "upload"
    9. Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at.

1. To mount image download Virtual clone drive from slysoft.
    2. http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html
    3. Look for this “Virtual CloneDrive (Freeware)” and download it.
    4. Install program
    5. Browse or navigate to my documents folder look for folder which is you movie folder, in this case it is SPIDER_MAN_3
    6. You will see two files, double click on ISO files the main one.
    7. Make sure Anydvd is running and enabled
    8. Last but not least enjoy your blu-ray. Just as you will do with original disc but this time it is gone be playing form hard drive.
    Last edited by Hawk; 8th January 2009 at 05:01. Reason: Added Extra Info
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

Thumbs down

Thanks for the quick reply. This forum seems to have some great people and fantastic information.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Hello, Andre and welcome to forum we need to address two problems here.

1. Don’t use deamon tools it is known to cause problem with slow ripping and playback as well. Instead use Virtual Clone Drive it is free from slysoft. Available at download page at slysoft.
    I did not know this was a problem. I have VCD from when I bought anyDVD so I will remove daemon tools and start using that. Is there information about how to use it with paramaters, from command line as I use front end automation software and need to mount and unmount the files from that software?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    2. Second could make sure it is removing both AACS and BD+ from disk. IF AACS is only removed not BD+ then it will cause problem like one you described. (Should you have problem determining then just paste log file).

3. It is prefectly normal to remove AACS and if you have BD+ to remove that as well.(All Fox Disc has BD+)
    I will provide the log file for Day After Tomorrow in a little while as my machine is in the middle of ripping another movie but can you tell me if I understand this correctly?

In my case, I am happy with having a copy of the original disk on my hard drive, so I am using the option to KEEP all protection when I make the image. I know I have to have anyDVD running and that I can't burn back to disk but that's ok for me. When the process is a little more developed, I would be happy to reduce the file size but until then, I am happy with the protected ISO file on my drive for playback. So, if I keep all protection, all I need to do is make sure I have that option checked when I make the image and then make sure anyDVD is running before I mount the image and start PowerDVD. Is this right?

Thanks, Andre

Quote Originally Posted by amattera View Post
    I did not know this was a problem. I have VCD from when I bought anyDVD so I will remove daemon tools and start using that. Is there information about how to use it with paramaters, from command line as I use front end automation software and need to mount and unmount the files from that software?
    Yes. Use the latest beta.
    From the cli, type start vcdmount to see the parameters.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

WOW, you guys can be fast, thanks James.

I see the paramaters, that's great. 2 quick questions:

1. I checked the Virtual Sheep option but cannot see any icon in my system tray related to VCD. Should it be there. I also rebooted but no effect.

2. I mounted an image by simply double clicking the image file and it mounted and selected the next drive letter available to me, in my case, "H". When I try to mount an image to "X", or any letter other than "H", it doens't work and just says error opening file or something to that effect. I have 1 drive selected as an option. How do you change the drive letter you want to use as default?

Also, if you're looking James, can you confirm my understanding on my second point in my previous message please? When I installed VCD, it shut down anyDVD so my rip was stopped so here is the Day After Tomorrow log file. Error in PDVD 8 Ultra 2217a is "There is a disk with an unsupported format in drive H"

Thanks, Andre.
    Attached Files Attached Files

WOW, you guys can be fast, thanks James.

I see the paramaters, that's great. 2 quick questions:

1. I checked the Virtual Sheep option but cannot see any icon in my system tray related to VCD. Should it be there. I also rebooted but no effect.
    The sheep aren't in your system tray. They are the drive icons. You may want to read the manual.

2. I mounted an image by simply double clicking the image file and it mounted and selected the next drive letter available to me, in my case, "H". When I try to mount an image to "X", or any letter other than "H", it doens't work and just says error opening file or something to that effect. I have 1 drive selected as an option. How do you change the drive letter you want to use as default?
    With windows disk management.

Also, if you're looking James, can you confirm my understanding on my second point in my previous message please? When I installed VCD, it shut down anyDVD so my rip was stopped so here is the Day After Tomorrow log file. Error in PDVD 8 Ultra 2217a is "There is a disk with an unsupported format in drive H"
    Sorry, I can't follow.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

So, if I keep all protection, all I need to do is make sure I have that option checked when I make the image and then make sure anyDVD is running before I mount the image and start PowerDVD. Is this right?
    Right. In any case, you should keep AnyDVD running all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The sheep aren't in your system tray. They are the drive icons. You may want to read the manual.

With windows disk management.
    Okay, got it. I thought the drive letter was a temporary assignment, only while an image was mounted. BTW, manual read, all page of it Should have done that first

Sorry, I can't follow.
    My other question was about seeing the message that "AAC protection has been removed" in the status area of anyDVD HD, despite having checked the option to keep all protection. I was wondering if that was related to why I was having problems playing Day After Tomorrow which was ripped as a protected image but won't play in DVD 8 as I mentioned. I just wasn't sure what the message was telling me in anyDVD HD as I thought the image would exist with all protection, including AAC. Again, sorry if these are basic questions but I am reading and learning as I go here and all help is certainly appreciated.

I will start a new thread to troubleshoot that after I look around if I don't find any similar posts.

Thanks, Andre

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Right. In any case, you should keep AnyDVD running all the time.
    Okay, thanks. I'll check for similar posts as I'm not sure why Day After Tomorrow won't play but I'll post a new thread if I don't find anything.

Thanks, Andre.

You have problematic filters install and need to be removed. Bear in mind which ever program installs them they won’t work anymore. If you need functionality of those program. Use DVD Ram instead with Fat 32 file system.

Filter Name: clbstor
    File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\clbstor.sys
    File Version: 5.0.3004 [5.0.0.3004]
    File Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
    Product Name:
    Product Version: 5.0.3004 [5.0.0.3004]
    Company Name: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
    Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.

Cyberlink Instantburn packet writing software

To remove them follow instructions

i) Create a backup of your registry: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program)

iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.

Select "clbstor". Click "remove selected filter".

Click "ok".

Reboot, once done create another log file and post it.

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters may no longer function properly.

3 After restart of computer Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok". (This will enable it to remove BD+ which it was not removing before)

4.Try to play again then.
    Last edited by Hawk; 8th January 2009 at 15:36.
    If you fail to plan...you plan to fail would you not agree..Think about it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast