Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual CloneDrive and Windows 7

Default Virtual CloneDrive and Windows 7

Do any versions (beta or otherwise) run under Windows 7?

If not are there any plans to support Windows 7?

Quote Originally Posted by dabl View Post
    Do any versions (beta or otherwise) run under Windows 7?
    Don't know. But I (almost) see no reason why it shouldn't. You can try it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dabl View Post
    If not are there any plans to support Windows 7?
    Sure.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

I tried it, it seemed to install fine, but I could not get AnyDVD HD to work (64bit version of win 7) so I gave up and uninstalled both.
    Asus Rampage V Extreme|Intel i7 5960x|G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3000|SAMSUNG 850 Pro|Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB|EVGA GTX 780 SLI|LG BH08LS20|Sony BWU 300S|Pioneer DVR-215L|Logitech G9|Dell 3008WFP|Corsair Obsidian 750D|Corsair AX1200

Dell M6600|i7-2960XM|8GB PC1600|Vertex 4 240GB|Crucial M4 512GB|Quadro 3000M|RGBLED|Intel 6300|Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Don't know. But I (almost) see no reason why it shouldn't. You can try it yourself.
    Thanks James.

I'd seen the below referenced post and thought I'd check here.

Reading it again it sounds like the user possibly has an unrelated problem.

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/per...ad.aspx#324721
    Lost Live TV after installing VirtualCloneDrive. I had go back to a restore point.

Has anyone got VirtualCloneDrive installed on thier systems?

Quote Originally Posted by skypx View Post
    I could not get AnyDVD HD to work (64bit version of win 7)
    For what it's worth I saw the below referenced comment from Paul Thurrott but he doesn't mention whether this applies to the 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 7 nor does he mention the HD version of AnyDVD

http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_beta_compat.asp
    Slysoft applications. I use and recommend SlySoft AnyDVD, CloneDVD, and CloneDVD Mobile, and these applications all work just fine in Windows 7.

Anydvd HD and VCD work fine on win 7000 32 bit.
    Dell E520 - Gigabyte Radeon HD 4550 - Samsung LN52A650 - LG GGC-H20LK

i installed vcd on my eee 1000h. i *think* i needed to run it in vista compatibility - i don't remember. but when i tried to run it did not seem to set up a virtual drive.

i putzed with it some more, then decided to uninstall it. the uninstall seemed to hang. i left it for about 30 minutes and finally killed the un-install.

as expected, vcd was still in my add/remove programs, and when i tried to uninstall it again it experienced problems.

i'm going to try it again on my dell 1420 here shortly...but i really hope to use it on my netbook.

Default VCD issues with Win7

All of my SlySoft products work fine under Win7 except for the CloneDrive. I've tested with both Enterprise and Ultimate x64 editions with no luck on either one. This issue, for me, is isolated just to this product and is not due to other apps (several tests as the first app installed after fresh install).

After isntalling VCD, I'm unable to restart or shut down, the system hangs on the shuting down screen. After a hard shutdown and restart, the system restarts as what'd appear to be as expected but some services fail to respond and I'm still unable to restart. The failed services also prevent uninstallation as well as restoring. Restore had to be completed from the installation DVD.

The same has been tested with the same results using the Beta version posted by James.

Default Confirmed issues on W7...

Hi guys,

I can confirm a bunch of issues running under Windows 7.

It seems as though it's a memory leak - as RAM will continue to be eaten up (by approx the same amount that's read from the ISO/image) until the system exhausts all available memory. At this point, the only way to recover is to hard reset the computer.

I've attached a quick screenshot of a basic installer running from an ISO. When installing from the optical media, memory usage never goes over 900Mb. When installing from the ISO mounted with CloneDrive, the screenshot is what happens.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, when I reinstall VCD, the memory is released after I install the new driver. This leads me to believe that the issue lies in the virtual disc driver. Added screenshot of memory usage when re-installing VCD.

EDIT2: This still happens with v5.4.1.4 beta.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by CRC; 11th January 2009 at 01:24.

Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    Hi guys,

I can confirm a bunch of issues running under Windows 7.

It seems as though it's a memory leak - as RAM will continue to be eaten up (by approx the same amount that's read from the ISO/image) until the system exhausts all available memory. At this point, the only way to recover is to hard reset the computer.

I've attached a quick screenshot of a basic installer running from an ISO. When installing from the optical media, memory usage never goes over 900Mb. When installing from the ISO mounted with CloneDrive, the screenshot is what happens.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, when I reinstall VCD, the memory is released after I install the new driver. This leads me to believe that the issue lies in the virtual disc driver. Added screenshot of memory usage when re-installing VCD.

EDIT2: This still happens with v5.4.1.4 beta.
    You can try "buffered I/O" in VCDPrefs. Change this setting before mounting an image.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast