Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual CloneDrive and Windows 7

just wanted to add that i tried using buffered i/o and still experienced the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by erk48188 View Post
    just wanted to add that i tried using buffered i/o and still experienced the same problem.
    Well, it looks like VCD under Windows 7 (64bit) is a not working.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

It isn't working properly for me in Win7 7000 32bit either. I got in installed (got the unknown driver warning from Win7), but it appeared to work.

Once installed though, it struggles to mount/unmount DVD images. It works part of the time. Adding more drives only works by adding and then restarting. Win7 is also now hanging up on a restart/shutdown as previously noted. I'm pretty sure this started after installing VCD.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Well, it looks like VCD under Windows 7 (64bit) is a not working.
    Hi James,

My setup is running the 32bit version of Windows 7. I have also confirmed the same behaviour with and without the buffered I/O option being enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by CRC View Post
    Hi James,

My setup is running the 32bit version of Windows 7. I have also confirmed the same behaviour with and without the buffered I/O option being enabled.
    Well, then it isn't working on Windows 7 32bit...
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Well, then it isn't working on Windows 7 32bit...
    Seems to be the case... If you would like to me test any code etc, please email me and I can reply with my results of the testing.

Seems to be the case... If you would like to me test any code etc, please email me and I can reply with my results of the testing.
    I'll do that.

Default explorer.exe hangs after hibernate/resume

Hi,

I have no problems installing and using VCD 5.4 on Win7 32-bit and Win2008R2 x64. (on x64 you may have to use F8 when booting to start windows without driver signing requirements - that cannot be turned off since Vista SP1 x64 / Win 2008 x64).

My problem: after resuming from hibernate I experience hang ups of explorer.exe and of all apps using the common file dialogs. When I start browsing in the file system the corresponding app (explorer.exe, notepad.exe... stop responding)

Unfortunately explorer.exe cannot be killed, even when elevated as admin (tried task manager, processexplorer ans pskill) I have to power off and restart the system to get control again.

Without VCD i did not see this behaviour.

Just upgraded to 5.4.1.4 beta and see what happens.

--
    SvenC

Hi guys,

I can confirm a bunch of issues running under Windows 7.

It seems as though it's a memory leak - as RAM will continue to be eaten up (by approx the same amount that's read from the ISO/image) until the system exhausts all available memory. At this point, the only way to recover is to hard reset the computer.

I've attached a quick screenshot of a basic installer running from an ISO. When installing from the optical media, memory usage never goes over 900Mb. When installing from the ISO mounted with CloneDrive, the screenshot is what happens.

EDIT: Interestingly enough, when I reinstall VCD, the memory is released after I install the new driver. This leads me to believe that the issue lies in the virtual disc driver. Added screenshot of memory usage when re-installing VCD.

EDIT2: This still happens with v5.4.1.4 beta.
    Is the memory freed, when the image is unmounted?

Is the memory freed, when the image is unmounted?
    Hi James,

The memory remains taken when the image is unmounted. The only ways you can free the memory is:
    1) Reboot the PC, or:
    2) Reinstall VCD - causing the driver to be unloaded and loaded again.

#2 is what I did for the second screenshot I attached to my original report.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast