Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Catalyst 8.12 and AnyDVD HD

Default Catalyst 8.12 and AnyDVD HD

I'm sure a lot of people have mentioned this already but I wanted to confirm that it isn't just my computer setup.

Anyway, I recently tried to update my ATI Catalyst drivers to version 8.12, the latest as far as I can see. However when I tried playing any bluray disc, they wouldn't work. All I get is a black screen. I can hear the sound OK and I might see the non-animated parts of the menu of the disc, but that is about it. At the time I had AnyDVD HD 6.5.1.0 installed (Since updated). I had to roll back the drivers to Catalyst 8.8 before I got a picture from a bluray title again. The software I'm using is PowerDVD 7.3 that came bundled with my LG GGW-H20L Bluray drive. I haven't tried updating Catalyst since.

Basically, I'm asking if anyone has encountered problems trying to playback bluray discs with the latest version of the Catalyst drivers and if there is any known workarounds or if this is going to be fixed?

I'm using:

vista-sp1 x64 & 8.12 with pcie - dual dvi
    vista-sp1 x32 & 8.12 with agp - single dvi
    xp-sp3 & 8.12 with agp - vga & hdtv.

all machines with powerdvd 8.2217u and no problems at all (powerdvd doesn't display on the hdtv if the window is not located the, contrary to the ati setup).
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Under XP I've had no end of problems with later builds of the ATI drivers so I don't use the latest ones, even when I rolled back to stop the black screen problems certain VC-1 movies would still blu-screen the system until I went back to 8.5.
    This has nothing to do with AnyDVD HD as it also happens using original discs with out AnyDVD HD installed

So basically the problem lies with ATI then? If I decide to upgrade my graphics card, is this going to be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ciday View Post
    So basically the problem lies with ATI then? If I decide to upgrade my graphics card, is this going to be a problem?
    I'm not so sure that the problem lies with ATI generally, or a batch of ATI chips, or the way the other components interact with the GPU. I've got (in different machines) pcie HD2700, agp AH3650, agp HD3650, agp HD3850 & pcie HD4750x2 and never experienced such problems. i also have only ever done a complete new OS installation on change of gfx card, so wouldn't like to rule out artifacts.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by ciday View Post
    The software I'm using is PowerDVD 7.3 that came bundled with my LG GGW-H20L Bluray drive.

You may need to update Powerdvd. I'm having no issues under XP nor Vista with Cats 8.12
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

I tend to have problems with certain VC-1 titles (pale rider is one of them) on later versions of ATI drivers it always causes a blue-screen, have tried on 2600, 3650, 3850 and 4670 under Vista and XP. As soon as I roll back to earlier drivers the blue-screening stops

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    As soon as I roll back to earlier drivers the blue-screening stops
    While the issue you're experiencing may be related, I note that ciday's computer isn't crashing. Regardless, it would probably be beneficial for ciday to update Powerdvd and post an Anydvd .zip log file.

I do not have Pale Rider to test with, but the HD-DVD of 12 Monkeys isn't crashing my system(s).
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11th January 2009 at 15:25.
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

But like I said I was also getting black screens using the latest drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
    But like I said I was also getting black screens using the latest drivers
    Without the Anydvd .zip log files, we're just playing in the dark. ciday may not be using a VC-1 title, and black screens can also occur depending on the disc used and Anydvd HD settings. Powerdvd versions may also be another culprit. Problematic filters may be present on the system. We have no idea what OS ciday is using. There are too many variables.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11th January 2009 at 15:03.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast