Thread: Can't open VCD! error

Hybrid View

Default Can't open VCD! error

I just installed VCD on Windows 7 64 bit, After the install runs fine I reboot... I try to load an ISO file and get "Error: Can't Open VCD!"... the file shows that it's related to VCD and everything.. the setting I have checked are Virtual Sheep, Keep History of last Mounted files, Buffered I/O...

I have had the Buffered I/O unchecked and still the same things happening.. Any help would be great thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crazywhitie View Post
    I try to load an ISO file and get "Error: Can't Open VCD!"...
    How? Can you try to mount via the explorer shell extension (as explained in the manual)?
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

I just installed VCD on Windows 7 64 bit
    Which version? You must use the latest beta for Windows 7.
    My responses tend to represent myself only and do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft, Inc. PLEASE POST ALL TECHNICAL PROBLEMS ON THE FORUMS. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Which version? You must use the latest beta for Windows 7.
    It's the latest Version of Windows 7...

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    How? Can you try to mount via the explorer shell extension (as explained in the manual)
    The VCD Drive that it makes is not under where the DVD drives are...

It's the latest Version of Windows 7...
    No. He means the latest beta of VCD: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...30&postcount=1
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    No. He means the latest beta of VCD: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...30&postcount=1
    Oh yes i'm using the new Beta... VCD 5.4.2.3....

Also Windows says it's install, I can click on the Icon and mess with the settings... but No Drive shows up, I only won't 1 but tired 2 and 3 and still nothing

Also Windows says it's install, I can click on the Icon and mess with the settings... but No Drive shows up, I only won't 1 but tired 2 and 3 and still nothing
    Does Virtual CloneDrive show up in device manager under storage controllers?

Did Windows ask you if you want to install the driver from Elaborate Bytes? Did you answer yes?