Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speedier Blu-Ray Ripping?

Default Speedier Blu-Ray Ripping?

Just wondering if there's any way to speed up these 70+ min Blu-Ray rips using AnyDVD HD and it's ripper, or ImgBurn, with a Pioneer BDC-202. I've not found any hacked firmwares for this drive but shouldn't it be possible to read/rip faster than this, just like the hacked firmwares for DVD drives sped the rips up considerably?

If you have Daemon tools installed that will slow it down as it also installs the SPTD driver
    Last edited by Adbear; 3rd February 2009 at 13:48.

I've completely gotten rid of Daemon tools after Virtual Clone Drive started working with MyMovies so that's not it.

I'm looking up the BDC-202 specs and they say the read on Blu-Ray disc Dual Layer is only 2x, single layer is 5x. Maybe it'll never get faster because 2x is the fastest it can read? I see a ton of newer drives on newegg that say they read up to 6x on BRD DL media, however, I've never seen anyone say they've ripped Blu-Ray faster than about 70 min. Is this possible?

I find it depends on the disc, but the standard firmware on an LG I can get between 10-15MB/s, on the Pioneer Reader I have around 10MB/s.
    I also find the Pioneer drive a lot less reliable, I find with some discs that they either won't rip or rip extremely slow(less than 1MB/s), stick the disc into the LG and it rips straight away at much faster speeds
    Last edited by Adbear; 3rd February 2009 at 14:03.

Quote Originally Posted by thebasa View Post
    I've completely gotten rid of Daemon tools
    Don't be so sure. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.ph...39&postcount=5
    My responses 1) presume you own the original retail disc you are attempting to backup, 2) tend to represent myself only, and 3) do not necessarily represent the views of SlySoft nor its developers. I do not work for SlySoft.

Please post all technical support questions on the forums instead of private messaging me. Technical support requests sent to me will be ignored. Private message me only for moderation issues, please. Thank you.

Please read the SlySoft Forum Etiquette before posting.

I would recommend the Sony BWU-300S. It's the fastest BD-ROM DL ripper I have seen.

Last edited by skypx; 3rd February 2009 at 16:35. Reason: Added pic
    Asus Rampage V Extreme|Intel i7 5960x|G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3000|SAMSUNG 850 Pro|Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB|EVGA GTX 780 SLI|LG BH08LS20|Sony BWU 300S|Pioneer DVR-215L|Logitech G9|Dell 3008WFP|Corsair Obsidian 750D|Corsair AX1200

Dell M6600|i7-2960XM|8GB PC1600|Vertex 4 240GB|Crucial M4 512GB|Quadro 3000M|RGBLED|Intel 6300|Windows 7 64bit

SPTD driver slows down AnyDVD, nero verify runs fine, therefore your statements are a bit wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
    SPTD driver slows down AnyDVD, nero verify runs fine, therefore your statements are a bit wrong.
    Not when I tested it a while back, using nero 7 or 8 and the pioneer drive with SPTD installed the ripping speed was definitely slower than without it installed. Haven't tried Nero 9 as I wouldn't waste any more money on something that does less than the previous version

Quote Originally Posted by skypx View Post
    I would recommend the Sony BWU-300S. It's the fastest BD-ROM DL ripper I have seen.
    That's a nice drive. I heard there were problems with the software for this drive under Vista 64. What OS are you running?

Well guaranteed SPTD is not my issue. I think my BDC-202 is just limited to 2x read on all these new 50GB BRD DL media. 26:52 is amazing. 8x drives must be where it's at. The next best thing is like around 45-55min with the 6x LG ones.

On drive firmwares, I'm surprised to not see them around for BD-ROMs on rpc1 or tdb. Does Blu-Ray not have stuff like RipLock that would limit read even if it could read faster? I would've thought they would've done everything they could to prevent ripping? Maybe they think the file size is prevention enough?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast