Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error 2002: bad public atom

Thumbs down Error 2002: bad public atom

I used Clone DVD Mobile with no problems on my old computer (XP) but I am now using a machine with Vista on it and I am having a problem getting the movie file to play. A screen pops up that says "Error - 2002: A bad public atom was found in the movie."

I can copy just fine and everything looks normal but the file is corrupt when I try to play it.

I copied some of my "good" files from the old computer to the new one and even some of them now have the same errors, but not all of them. 50%.

Also, I can copy a file from the new computer to a flash drive and it will play from there on the new computer, but if I put it back on the hard drive it will not work again.

Also, since I wrote this I have successfully copied Eragon on the new compu and it will play on the new compu straight from the harddrive. Borat and Flyboys were both corrupted but will play on the old computer even though they were ripped on the new one.

???????
    Hefe3
    Last edited by hefe3; 24th March 2007 at 17:42.

I have the same problem out of Shrek, cant get to on my ipod with this problem. does anyone know how to fix this, or what can be used? I have tried nero also, with the same error report and code.

Solution:

Can't claim to understand this but found it elsewhere - sure it can be easily accomodated into CloneDVD Mobile but:

- I have a bunch of MP4s ripped from DVD of the kids films for them to watch on iPods
    - On XP they load into iTunes and play in Quicktime fine - so go onto the iPod
    - In Vista, I get the bad atom error from Quicktime and they won't load into iTunes and therefore no iPod

If you download "AtomicParsley" which can be used to set metadata on MP4 files and just set any metadata, e.g. --Artist "Me" using this tool, then it all works fine.

iTunes just seems to be very sensitive to metadata in Vista and CloneDVD Mobile must set or not set something it cares about.

Note it takes about 5 mins per file - why that is I have no idea!

Hope this helps you, it eliminated the need to dual-boot for me so I was pleased.

The Atomic Parsley did not work for me.

I am running Vista Ultimate and just installed iTunes 7.3 so I could use my iPhone. When I convert a video to an .mp4 file it plays in QuickTime and will import into iTunes on XP only but throw a "bad public movie atom" error when in Vista.

Obviously it is a Vista - iTunes/QT issue but let us know if anyone finds a workaround until thwy fix the problem.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by tkolarik View Post
    The Atomic Parsley did not work for me.

I am running Vista Ultimate and just installed iTunes 7.3 so I could use my iPhone. When I convert a video to an .mp4 file it plays in QuickTime and will import into iTunes on XP only but throw a "bad public movie atom" error when in Vista.

Obviously it is a Vista - iTunes/QT issue but let us know if anyone finds a workaround until thwy fix the problem.

Thanks,
    Don't count on SlySoft addressing this issue.

This fellow has posted a fix to the bad atom error and it worked for me ... and several others acording to his blog...
    http://wjarrettc.blogspot.com/2007/0...blic-atom.html

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by edps View Post
    This fellow has posted a fix to the bad atom error and it worked for me ... and several others acording to his blog...
    http://wjarrettc.blogspot.com/2007/0...blic-atom.html

hope this helps
    Yes, this works for me! There's a small trick, though. After inflating the files, naturally you wouldthink you would click on the .exe (in this case, AtomicParsley-utf8.exe) to start the program.

But No! You must click and run "Tagger.Jar" not the .exe.

Click here RJOBLOG
    has the solution on how to solve this error.. which is quite common

Quote Originally Posted by carbonr View Post
    Click here RJOBLOG
    has the solution on how to solve this error.. which is quite common
    Doesn't solve the problem for me. Any help from SlySoft?

it did solve for me and many other aas per the problem... nywys please be more specific about the problem incase it is not working