Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clone Blu Ray Software

Default Clone Blu Ray Software

Hi
    Apologies for posting this in the AnyDVD-HD Section.

I am just wondering what the hold up is in slysoft making a Clone DVD for BLu Ray - so you can compress a 35Gb movie to a 25Gb disk.

I would of thought that getting the Blu Ray Disk to the Hard Drive was the hard / illegal bit.

Does anyone know if anyone is working on such software ?

With thanks

Cool We are

Quote Originally Posted by njr View Post
    Hi
    Apologies for posting this in the AnyDVD-HD Section.

I am just wondering what the hold up is in slysoft making a Clone DVD for BLu Ray - so you can compress a 35Gb movie to a 25Gb disk.

I would of thought that getting the Blu Ray Disk to the Hard Drive was the hard / illegal bit.

Does anyone know if anyone is working on such software ?

With thanks
    Yes, we are working on such software. In the meantime:

There is a full disc backup method (provided the BD source fits onto a
    BD-R/RE):

Download and install ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com - it's a free tool).

Activate AnyDVD HD (the fox is red). Then insert a BD and let it scan with
    AnyDVD HD.

Then open ImgBurn. Select read mode to "create image on hard drive". ImgBurn will create an image of the BD on the hard drive (in most cases). Then insert a blank disc. Then select the write mode "write image to blank disc".

To fit to a 25GB blank, see this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread....=shrink+BluRay
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Red face CloneBD ??

Rip to folder with AnyDVD and you can use BD Rebuilder to compress to BD25, BD9, or BD5. It doesn't allow you to edit out stuff but it will get you to a smaller disc size and the quality will still be decent. Remember to burn it back as a UDF v2.50 format and all should be good in the World.

So when is CloneBD projected to arrive to the market? In the next two minutes? LOL

Wink It's ready when it's ready

A Clone BD product will be out this year and that is the best we can do for that at the moment, which is why we offer the alternative procedure for those who actually want a disc backup.
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Rip to folder with AnyDVD and you can use BD Rebuilder to compress to BD25, BD9, or BD5
    Compressing to BD9 or BD5 doesn't retain the true 1080p resolution either. Another words might as well buy the standard DVD if you are going to do that.
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Compressing to BD9 or BD5 doesn't retain the true 1080p resolution either.
    What? It certainly can!

Upscale to 1080p yes retain the true resolution no. There is a big difference.
    My Server System : ASUS P7P55D-E Motherboard, Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz, CORSAIR XMS3 8GB DDR3 DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800), XFX HD-Radeon HD 5770 XXX Edition 1GB 128-bit DDR5, Thermaltake Armor MX+, Windows Server 2011 64 Bit Edition
    HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H20L

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Upscale to 1080p yes retain the true resolution no. There is a big difference.
    I disagree. You are not backing up to DVD9 or DVD5, you are backing up to BD9 or BD5 using the Blu Ray structure and the advanced video codecs.

If done right, you can compress a movie only backup to BR9 with minimal loss of quality on a 53 inch TV.

I have yet to come across a film that doesn't look a lot worse keeping it at 1080p and dropping the bitrate to allow it to fit onto a BD9 disc, you'd also have to reduce the audio down to AC3 to be able to keep any kind of halfway decent video bitrate

Yes you need to convert audio to AC3...BD Rebuilder can do this, but encodes are long time. Can look good though.

CloneBD could be good, but it would need to be 2 pass for sure, but realistically, if you are backing up stuff, movie only is really the way to go. How many movies now are bigger than 25 gig anyway...with just one audio stream...and if too big, down convert to ac3. Should fit.

Could be a good product....single layer BD-r are getting cheaper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast