Thread: why wont clone dvd read my blue-rays

Hybrid View

Default why wont clone dvd read my blue-rays

I just purchased thw anydvd hd and my clone dvd cant read the discs can anyone tell me why ??

Quote Originally Posted by nmario View Post
    I just purchased thw anydvd hd and my clone dvd cant read the discs can anyone tell me why ??
    Because CloneDVD doesn't and never was intended to support BluRay.

Slysoft is working on something that will handle BluRay discs but the ETA is still unknown.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Cool in the meantime.....

Quote Originally Posted by nmario View Post
    Regarding AnyDVD HD's capabilities, take a look here:

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvdhd.html

This means, you can rip the movie to your hard drive, but it cannot be burned
    or transcoded with CloneDVD. We will soon have a CloneBD product.

In order to rip the BD to your hard drive, right-click the fox icon in the
    tasktray and choose "Rip Video DVD to HardDisk..."

See this also:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5655

And there is a full disc backup method (provided the BD source fits onto a
    BD-R/RE):

Download and install ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com - it's a free tool).

Activate AnyDVD HD (the fox is red). Then insert a BD and let it scan with
    AnyDVD HD.

Then open ImgBurn. Select read mode to "create image on hard drive". ImgBurn
    will create an image of the BD on the hard drive (in most cases). Then insert
    a blank disc. Then select the write mode "write image to blank disc".

To fit to a 25GB blank, see this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread....=shrink+BluRay
    Frank Hollander

SlySoft Inc., Support Team

One of the last Wild Ducks

PMs will only be answered if really private.

Thanks!

If I already have Clone DVD, will I also be authorized to have Clone BD when it comes out? Or will I have to pay for it? Will Clone BD also have a compression tool? Right now I am using AnyDVD HD to rip BD's to my HD and then using ripbot264 to compress the movies. I would prefer to use Clone DVd to compress if that's possible?

we don't know anything about the price of Clone-HD, but I'm sure it will not be free. Possibly there is a discount coupon for people who already are Slysoft customers.

but why do you want to compress ? if you're too mean to buy a 50gb blank disk, then stick with DVD.
    Mike

Bei Probleme, Immer LOG Datei Von Original Disk Beifügen: Wie Erstellt Man Ein LOG Datei
    Blu-Ray Movie Only Copies: Clown_BD: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy
    Blu-Ray Copies With Menu: Clown_BD BD Copier

I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.

Quote Originally Posted by mrr19121970 View Post
    we don't know anything about the price of Clone-HD, but I'm sure it will not be free. Possibly there is a discount coupon for people who already are Slysoft customers.

but why do you want to compress ? if you're too mean to buy a 50gb blank disk, then stick with DVD.
    I'm not too mean. I backup my BD's to watch on my HTPC and compress them so they don't take up as much space.

Quote Originally Posted by cassnlogan View Post
    If I already have Clone DVD, will I also be authorized to have Clone BD when it comes out? Or will I have to pay for it? Will Clone BD also have a compression tool? Right now I am using AnyDVD HD to rip BD's to my HD and then using ripbot264 to compress the movies. I would prefer to use Clone DVd to compress if that's possible?
    An upgrade path has been discussed but it hasn't been something anyone has gone into detail about. It needs to be remembered that CloneDVD is an Elaborate Bytes product while "CloneBD" will be a Slysoft product.
    DrinkLyeAndDie

• All users agreed to follow forum rules when they registered and are expected to abide by them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
    • I neither represent nor am I employed by SlySoft or its developers. My responses do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of SlySoft or its employees.